Spiff's Spots: UCONN Review

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Spiff's Spots: UCONN Review

Post by hawkwing »

http://www.loyalstrongandtrue.com/2015/ ... ut-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A small teaser:
Bronco improved to 23-6 (.793) against teams wearing a white helmet.
BYU is also now 4-2 (.667) in games against the American Athletic Conference (AAC) in the Bronco era.
After just four plays of 10 or more yards in length against Michigan, BYU had 16, including six of more than 20 yards.
BYU had the majority of time of possession. It was the third time this season. It took nine games last year to have the majority three times.
Tanner Mangum’s 35 completions are the most since Christian Stewart completed 39 against Nevada in 2014.
Mangum also had -9 yards rushing. His fourth consecutive game with negative yards rushing. The last BYU quarterback with negative yards rushing in four consecutive games was Kevin Feterik in 1999.
BYU won the Passing Efficiency Rating (PER) battle (126.41 to 97.90). The team with the better PER is just 3-2 (.600) this year, but is 9-2 (.818) in the last 11 games.
BYU is outscoring opponents 56-17 in the 4th quarter this season.
A lot more available on LoyalStrongTrue.com

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Spiff's Spots: UCONN Review

Post by Stirfry »

Tanner seems to have the ability to run but he's not a runner. I've gotta think he's been told that no positive rushing yards is worth the risk right now.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

He's saving it for the big game.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Stirfry wrote:Tanner seems to have the ability to run but he's not a runner. I've gotta think he's been told that no positive rushing yards is worth the risk right now.

If he has to sit out more than one or two snaps (in which Juergens could take the snap and run a read-sweep-option to bide the time), that means we burn a redshirt off of either Detmer or Hoge.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I am okay with that. We have a lot of QBs in the pipe line. I think that they are just so green that we don't want to have to go to them in a close game just yet.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Stirfry wrote:Tanner seems to have the ability to run but he's not a runner. I've gotta think he's been told that no positive rushing yards is worth the risk right now.

Yeah, I didn't mean it as a slight at Tanner. Just one of those statistical oddities I noticed that really doesn't mean much.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!