headscratcher... UCLA's Jack declares for draft?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

headscratcher... UCLA's Jack declares for draft?

Post by BroncoBot »

Has decided to leave UCLA behind, focus on rehab and declare for draft.

this is the guy who picked off Mangum's pass at the end of the 4th Q.

Best of luck to him. I agree with Mora, seems risky. Why not at least finish up this year at school and test the waters...?

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nfl/story ... -nfl-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: headscratcher... UCLA's Jack declares for draft?

Post by scott715 »

He's going to get drafted. Very gifted player. Have you seen him play running back last couple of years?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Probably didn't want to worry about classes any more. Now he can focus on rehab and preparing for the opportunity to make millions.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

School is a dumb idea for some football players. Jack took out insurance for this year which he hopefully won't have to use. He's a first round pick, maybe second.

https://mises.org/library/college-athle ... sion-labor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

BroncoBot wrote:Has decided to leave UCLA behind, focus on rehab and declare for draft.

Best of luck to him. I agree with Mora, seems risky. Why not at least finish up this year at school and test the waters...?

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nfl/story ... -nfl-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't get Mora's point. Especially this quote:
If he played all year, I was thinking that we would [not have him next year], but when you only play in three games and that's all the tape they have of you your junior year. ... I've been in 25 draft rooms, and I've never seen a guy taken off of that ever
Really?

Myles Jack played in 29 games.

Rob Gronkowski, Maurice Clarett, Todd Marinovich all played in fewer games in college and they got drafted in the first 3 rounds (and all of them had bigger red flags). Looking at RS sophomores who got drafted and therefore has less tape than Jack include: Jeremy Maclin, Channing Crowder, Michael Vick, Aldon Smith, Giovani Bernard, Knowshon Moreno, Earl Thomas.

Ziggy technically played in 31 games, but only had one meaningful season of experience and he was a top 5 pick.

If Mora has never seen it, he just hasn't been paying attention which might by why he currently is not in the NFL.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

mormonrasta wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:Has decided to leave UCLA behind, focus on rehab and declare for draft.

I don't get Mora's point. Especially this quote:
If he played all year, I was thinking that we would [not have him next year], but when you only play in three games and that's all the tape they have of you your junior year. ... I've been in 25 draft rooms, and I've never seen a guy taken off of that ever
Really?

Myles Jack played in 29 games.

Rob Gronkowski, Maurice Clarett, Todd Marinovich all played in fewer games in college and they got drafted in the first 3 rounds (and all of them had bigger red flags). Looking at RS sophomores who got drafted and therefore has less tape than Jack include: Jeremy Maclin, Channing Crowder, Michael Vick, Aldon Smith, Giovani Bernard, Knowshon Moreno, Earl Thomas.

Ziggy technically played in 31 games, but only had one meaningful season of experience and he was a top 5 pick.

If Mora has never seen it, he just hasn't been paying attention which might by why he currently is not in the NFL.
Apparently, Mora doesn't know Jack.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Nope no one ever gets drafted only having 3 games of tape in their junior year...except a ton of people. In fact, Sam Bradford was a #1 overall pick with less game tape.

Jack has been on everyone's radar since his first game at UCLA.