USU game thread

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

USU game thread

Post by a1247 »

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

The weather for the game doesn't look to inviting. This is a pic from the one traffic camera in Logan. My daughter is going to school at USU and lives right across the street from the stadiums north west parking lot. If it wasn't for it being the holiday I would have went up for the game, but she came home. Everyone traveling up there drive safe and try and stay warm. GO COUGS!

Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-28-10-07-57-1.png

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: USU game thread

Post by urroner »

Stay warm, huh? Looking out the window right now. It's scattered clouds and a barely tolerable 79 degrees outside.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

urroner wrote:Stay warm, huh? Looking out the window right now. It's scattered clouds and a barely tolerable 79 degrees outside.

That's just mean! Very very mean.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

Greg Wrubell just tweeted this picture. This is going to be a low scoring sloppy game. GO COUGS!

Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-28-11-17-43-1.png

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Talking about flip flops, about 12 years ago, I took my son and two of his friends to a late movie in Orlando. It was around Christmas time and it was cold. Trust, it was in the high thirties, but in spite of the cold, the boys wore flip flops and shorts with a t-shirt. Honest, Florida kids will wear those in the coldest weather and they will often refuse a coat or even a jacket. Between you and me, they're idiots sometimes.

Any who, they are complaining how cold it was getting as we walked into the theater and I said "Hey, I told you to wear a coat or a jacket, but nooooooo, you are smart enough to realize it's cold." "But we only need to walk to the car and then it'll be warm."

Honestly, it's like the old saying, if brains were dynamite, they wouldn't have enough to blow their noses. If you took their brains and put them on the edge of a razor blade, it'd be like putting a pea on a six lane highway.

So, now the movie is over and they're hungry and want to get something to eat. There is a decent eatery close by, but it's almost as far to the car as it is to the theater, and they want to walk to the car and then drive to the joint so they won't get cold and I'm having none of that. I'm going to teach them a lesson to not bring a coat or jacket....or even to wear some long pants.

I once went to a high school football game my son played in and it was cold. It was in the low 40s and most of the students were in shorts, flip flops, and t-shirts. About the middle of the first quarter, some young lady sitting next to me was really suffering from the cold. She was the daughter of the coach and really wanted to see the game and not go home. So this old man sitting next to her who was smart enough to bring a nice coat for himself, being cold smart since he grew up in Utah and Idaho, took his nice, warm, and comfortable coat off and let her wear it for the rest of the game. Now this old man is freeing cold, but at least he had long pants and a long sleeve shirt on, but she was warm. Her two friends had skimpy jackets, so they weren't too cold.

During half time I even went and bought them some hot chocolate with big marshmallows.

After they drank it, one girl got on each side of me and the third got behind me and hugged to keep me warm. Now, that was a sight, a old white man with three cute teenage black girls hugging him and they're all giggling like young girls do. Everybody around us knew what was happening and thought it was funny, except a certain ex-wife of that old white man. She was not happy.

Oh, the coach, when the team came out for the second half, witnessed his young daughter, his baby girl, hugging this old white man and immediately sent a huge football player up into the crowd to see what was happening and everybody around that old white man knew what that huge football player was making his way through the crowd and the girls giggled even more. The old white man just hung his head because he knew he was dead.

When the huge football player found out what was happening and why, he returned and reported to the coach. The coach just looked at us and shook his head.

I asked the girls if they were trying to get me killed by a certain father.

The coach came up to me after the game and thanked me for lending his daughter my coat, but, and he did this with the most stern, I've-a-gun-and-ain't-afraid-to use-it" look, he reminded me that was his baby girl. I told him that I'd remember that, but if he was really upset about it, he could take it out on my boy during practices for the next week.

Any way, back to my boy and his friends, they were none too pleased about having to walk to the restaurant. It was cold.

So we get in the restaurant and they are still complaining about how cold it was outside and how terrible it was for me to make them walk to the restaurant. Now, the waiter was already there waiting for us to order and in a awesome attempt to clue him in how supid these boys were, in a rather loud voice, I say "Yes, you guys are cold. It's cold outside and you chose to wear shorts, t-shirts, and those silly thongs of yours."

The whole place went really quiet. The waiter even got this funny look on his face. What did I do wrong?

My son said, also in a rather loud voice, "Dad, they're called flip flops today, not thongs. Do you know what a thong is?" He then turned around and told everybody, "We are wearing shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, and whitey tighties." The whole place busted up.

Those three boys still remember that.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

BYU in all white uni's, USU in all blue uni's.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

JUST ANOTHER GAME!!!

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

Well USU comes out looking like......we'll like the better team. Come on cougs time to come back and show them your not going to just roll over in the snow.

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

Cougs_Rule wrote:JUST ANOTHER GAME!!!
Not for USU. Come on Cougs!

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

a1247 wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:JUST ANOTHER GAME!!!
Not for USU. Come on Cougs!

That's the point. It's quoting Bronco on rivalry games.