2016 Projected Wins

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2016 Projected Wins

Post by scott715 »

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Re: 2016 Projected Wins

Post by byufan4ever »

Thanks for sharing. Would the fan base be ok with 6 wins this season? I think as long as one of the 6 is Utah then it will be ok.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

byufan4ever wrote:Thanks for sharing. Would the fan base be ok with 6 wins this season? I think as long as one of the 6 is Utah then it will be ok.
It all depends on the circumstances. I think a win over Utah, and one of the other very good teams would help swallow that record a lot. However, I have higher expectations than that. I am thinking 8-4 or better, unless there are multiple injuries to key positions. And the only reason I am at 8-4 is because I know there is always an adjustment when you bring in new schemes that may not currently match the personnel. That almost always results in some losses that should have been wins. I hope this team surprises the heck out of me, though...in a good way.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

byufan4ever wrote:Thanks for sharing. Would the fan base be ok with 6 wins this season? I think as long as one of the 6 is Utah then it will be ok.
6 wins in the preseason will sound a lot more palatable than 6 wins will sound at the end of the year, because you'll have games that could/shoulda/woulda been won, if only coaching decisions, lucky bounces, bad calls, etc. had gone a different way so we'll be looking at 6 wins that should have been 8 and it will be disappointing. It happens every year.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Cougarfan87 wrote:
It all depends on the circumstances. I think a win over Utah, and one of the other very good teams would help swallow that record a lot. However, I have higher expectations than that. I am thinking 8-4 or better, unless there are multiple injuries to key positions. And the only reason I am at 8-4 is because I know there is always an adjustment when you bring in new schemes that may not currently match the personnel. That almost always results in some losses that should have been wins. I hope this team surprises the heck out of me, though...in a good way.
Expect to be disappointed then.

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

frdbtr wrote:
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Expect to be disappointed then.
I won't be disappointed at 6-6. I was okay with 6-6 Bronco's first year, because it was a total rebuild. I expect 8-4, but I wouldn't be totally disappointed at 6-6, as long as I can see the progress and potential that I saw in the 2005 BYU team. We went from not being able to move the ball to much, much better in 2005. I am not sure what to look for as improvement under the new regime, but I will know it when I see it. It may be as simple as playing loose, which allows us not to have complete melt downs against our rival. In general, I concur that there is probably going to be a learning curve with a new offense, new defense, and new coaching staff. I'll hope for better than 6-6, and I wouldn't be surprised by 8-4, but I won't be disappointed with either record.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

With all the talent and experience this team will have, I will be disappointed if the best we can do is .500

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

If taysom stays healthy we win the, all! :)

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Schmoe wrote:With all the talent and experience this team will have, I will be disappointed if the best we can do is .500
Talent and experience means nothing if the coaches don't know how to use it. All the rookie coaching we have IMO makes it highly unlikely that they will know how to use it for at least a few weeks. I, personally feel 6-6 could be generous in how many wins this team gets with the schedule we have and the rookie coaching. If Taysom hill is the starter and stays healthy he may be able to cover up coaching mistakes and get us wins that way, which IMO is my biggest hope for a successful season.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

I project us winning 9 games this year... so there