BYU's Summer Fireside schedule

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU's Summer Fireside schedule

Post by Fido »

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU's Summer Fireside schedule

Post by Mars »

Sounds like they will be doing firesides the night before games as well (sans current players).

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:Sounds like they will be doing firesides the night before games as well (sans current players).
Not exactly "they", more like a fireside will be held the night before games in the general area of the game by some people tangentially affiliated with BYU.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:Sounds like they will be doing firesides the night before games as well (sans current players).
Not exactly "they", more like a fireside will be held the night before games in the general area of the game by some people tangentially affiliated with BYU.
Ex-BYU players. Which could be great, depending on who.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Ex-BYU players. Which could be great, depending on who.
I've seen some people say former players, and I've seen others say BYU alumni. Very different things.

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

hawkwing wrote:I've seen some people say former players, and I've seen others say BYU alumni. Very different things.
Some BYU alumni could cast a broader net and make a bigger impact on the popularity and mission of the pre-game firesides than current or former football coaches or players.

Think Orson Scott Card, David Archuletta, Jon Heder, Ken Jennings, Stephanie Meyer, Brandon Mull, etc. let alone Mitt Romney. Also, there are plenty of church leaders that could make it memorable.

And still, there are still plenty of former BYU athletes who could make a pretty excellent fireside - Chad Lewis, Ziggy Ansah, Austin Collie, Dennis Pitta, Jeremy Guthrie, Mike Weir, etc. not to mention a Steve Young, Andy Reid, Danny Ainge, Jimmer or someone of that stature agreeing to participate!

I hope there is a nice mix of former BYU athletes and other notable non-sports alumni.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

YNot wrote:
hawkwing wrote:I've seen some people say former players, and I've seen others say BYU alumni. Very different things.
Some BYU alumni could cast a broader net and make a bigger impact on the popularity and mission of the pre-game firesides than current or former football coaches or players.

Think Orson Scott Card, David Archuletta, Jon Heder, Ken Jennings, Stephanie Meyer, Brandon Mull, etc. let alone Mitt Romney. Also, there are plenty of church leaders that could make it memorable.

And still, there are still plenty of former BYU athletes who could make a pretty excellent fireside - Chad Lewis, Ziggy Ansah, Austin Collie, Dennis Pitta, Jeremy Guthrie, Mike Weir, etc. not to mention a Steve Young, Andy Reid, Danny Ainge, Jimmer or someone of that stature agreeing to participate!

I hope there is a nice mix of former BYU athletes and other notable non-sports alumni.
That's great, those guys all should be doing firesides. But it has nothing to do with the BYU team. It's completely separate.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

How about the wife's of current players. Like Emily Hill.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

scott715 wrote:How about the wife's of current players. Like Emily Hill.
I bet you'd get better and more enthusiastic attendance, especially from recruits, if we replace "firesides" with "smoke shows".