Greg Wrubell's Cougar Quiz #6

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Greg Wrubell's Cougar Quiz #6

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

60% here.

I can't believe we have never played Arkansas. Growing up in the South, I see them as a middle-of-the-pack SEC team, who we can contend with regularly. They are on par with Miss St, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. BYU would match up well with any of these.

Can't wait for the Miss St game. I think we can beat the hell out of them and make a nice statement on national tv.

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BOID »

I agree. This is one game that I especially look forward to. A win against an SEC team will look good, and it's very reachable. Also, has an SEC team ever come to Provo? Texas A/M may have, 1996? But those Aggies were still Big 12 then.

The other big game is UCLA, in Provo. Especially since the media already has Josh Rosen as a top five QB, while down-grading Mangum/Hill, just because of coaching changes. Personally, I would rather have Mangum/Hill, either one of which will be very comfortable playing at home. I put Mangum first because I think there is a high probability of Hill's foot not being 100 percent happy. However, I think that UCLA will be in even bigger trouble if Hill is at full steam.

Actually, I'm not fully confident against UCLA. I place them in a group of three contests that are the most threatening for BYU, the other two being MSU and WVU. I wouldn't be that worried about WVU if it did not involve such a long trip.

I think BYU will most likely go 9/3, but could possibly end up anywhere between 6/6 and 10/2. I'll be drop-jaw surprised if these Cougars lose more than six games in the regular season. One thing I'll go out on a limb for: The Runnin' Utes run out of luck against BYU this year.

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

frdbtr wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
BOID wrote:I still don't know how they managed to lose to the UTEP Miners, however.
UTEP cheated.
I've heard interviews from guys on the 85 team who lost to utep and all of them said that there was no cheating. They said that utep had planned to stop the pass at all costs and BYU was so arrogant that they were going to throw on them anyway and it backfired. They could have adjusted the game plan and ran on utep until they stopped it but they were arrogant and wanted to throw on them to prove that they could and lost.
I've heard plenty to the contrary, but to each their own.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,