BYU Being Sued for Concussions

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU Being Sued for Concussions

Post by Jarhead »

jvquarterback wrote:
Ygridiron4ever wrote: 1. It says - "following a career in the Canadian Football League......." Is he suing the CFL?
You might want to read that again. The key word is Canadian.
I'm pretty sure he understands that. I interpret his question to mean, "If he had a cfl career in addition to playing for BYU, is he suing the CFL as well? Or just BYU?"

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

Jarhead wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:
Ygridiron4ever wrote: 1. It says - "following a career in the Canadian Football League......." Is he suing the CFL?
I'm pretty sure he understands that. I interpret his question to mean, "If he had a cfl career in addition to playing for BYU, is he suing the CFL as well? Or just BYU?"
Point is--probably has to sue the Canadian Football League in a Canadian court....not a US court.

Ygridiron4ever
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ygridiron4ever »

snoscythe wrote:
Jarhead wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:
Point is--probably has to sue the Canadian Football League in a Canadian court....not a US court.
My question certainly allows for that. But just in case it was too vague: I wonder if....
A - he thinks his time in the CFL contributed to his condition;
B - he thinks key entities therein should have known as much or more about the dangers of the game as BYU, the WAC, and the NCAA; and,
C - he will be seeking recompense from the team(s) for which he played and the CFL in the Canadian judicial system?

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Einstein