Preferred Expansion Candidates

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Preferred Expansion Candidates

Post by snoscythe »

Sports Illustrated's Campus Rush lists BYU as the third choice behind Cincy and Houston.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Screamineagle wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:Who I want them to take: BYU.

I don't care about any other team enough to want them to join as well.
I agree with SpiffCoug. Although if I were a betting person I would saw we have a 30 % chance of getting in were gonna get screwed again somehow.I hope I am wrong but I know how political this will get.
My feelings exactly. Too many people getting too hyped on this expansion talk with people that don't know seeming to be factual sources. I'm keeping my wits about me this time. If it happens, it will be good, but I believe, after seeing things like the NBA pull an all-star game from Charlottsville because of certain individuals rights, there will be people all over the exclusion of BYU on the same grounds. There is currently too much power in the hands of that minority group that I would be totally shocked. Yet, the Big 12 is about the only conference where there would be any possibility of getting through that mine field.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote:Sports Illustrated's Campus Rush lists BYU as the third choice behind Cincy and Houston.
This seems most logical when you look at endorsements of UH lately as well as getting another team that is considered "eastern".

Hate to say it, but I think byu gets left out of the initial expanion (as dumb/illogical as that would be for the big 12). BYU might have a shot if they go to 14. My bet would be along with CSU.