Pillows and feathers?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Pillows and feathers?

Post by Schmoe »

Absolutely. To be clear, I have no problem with not using every single practice.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

I predict that a bunch of the Bronco criticizers will turn on Sitake after game 2 (utah loss)and start calling for Ty Detmer to take over the team. BYU's fan base is spoiled and may learn a hard lesson, kind of like when Nebraska ran off a 9 win coach in order to have losing seasons for a couple years in a row.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I was complaining yesterday about no open practices. It's silly and ridiculous. The idea that every practice is going to have super secret game plan information in it is absurd. 90% of every open practice BYU has ever had has been position drills that every football team from middle school up runs exactly the same. There is absolutely no reason why a team can't hold an open practice while still giving away nothing about the team.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

hawkwing wrote:I was complaining yesterday about no open practices. It's silly and ridiculous. The idea that every practice is going to have super secret game plan information in it is absurd. 90% of every open practice BYU has ever had has been position drills that every football team from middle school up runs exactly the same. There is absolutely no reason why a team can't hold an open practice while still giving away nothing about the team.
Amen.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Just remember, Bronco hated the fans and Sitake is a different kind of coach.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

Maybe Nick Kurtz is running post patterns like usain bolt and taysom is riding the walking scooter.

I did see what looked like Kalanis hat on the side of the freeway at 6000 south headed northbound today on salt lake.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:I was complaining yesterday about no open practices. It's silly and ridiculous. The idea that every practice is going to have super secret game plan information in it is absurd. 90% of every open practice BYU has ever had has been position drills that every football team from middle school up runs exactly the same. There is absolutely no reason why a team can't hold an open practice while still giving away nothing about the team.
And why would you want to go and watch position drills?

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

BroncoBot wrote:
The same question is often asked of football fans why they'd want to go watch a game. I find it interesting and enjoyable.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
The same question is often asked of football fans why they'd want to go watch a game. I find it interesting and enjoyable.
To each his own I suppose.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I'd rather the team and new staff not have to deal with the distraction that an open practice brings.