WVU Presser: BYU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
MountaineerLegion
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU is OK
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

WVU Presser: BYU

Post by MountaineerLegion »

The first 5 minutes is all about BYU.

http://www.wvusports.com/mediaplayer.cfm?v=o18JZFvb_4A

BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: WVU Presser: BYU

Post by BOID »

This was excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Holgorsen seems to be a very fair, upstanding guy. The whole video is about BYU, or their match-up with BYU, so for all you BYU nuts, it's worth watching to the end. For WV, I think you all have a great coach. He's confident in his team, but he's careful, and wise.

It's a presser, with local reporters voicing concern about the size and strength of BYU's defense, re: can WV's speed and finess match up with BYU's size and power. One guy was worried about Butch Pa'u. Holgorsen says "yeah, they're big; they're fast, they're assignment sound; they close fast, and they bring the hit." Also: "Look at UCLA, they have a good offense, a very good QB, and BYU was stopping them." And then this: "They're not just big. They have fast players too. Some of their corners can turn their hips and fly. They can keep up with you." In summary: "This team played three PAC 12 teams very close. They could just as easily be 3 and 0 now."

Anyway, Holgorsen was very respectful. He didn't try to predict a win for his team. He was likable, and a straight talker. I'm sure that WV is a solid squad. I hope BYU can measure up to Holgorsen's compliments.