Miss game live

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Miss game live

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote:Taysom Hill was lights out throwing the ball in the 2nd half and OT. He was 13 of 15 for 120 yards with 2 TDs for a PER of 197.87 and .867 complete.
Agreed. He played tough and I am not trying to bag on him. The positive was we won even as he, in my view, did not have a complete game. There were some very open receivers he missed in the first half and the fumble in OT was happily recovered by Balderee or that would have been the ball game. It was a team win. And like you said Taysom played outstanding in the second half.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

thanks scott715.

Fun game, BYU fortunate to win. I was glad to be in person with Jamaal breaking the record. MSU (minus the ints) had a solid and mistake free game. BYU (after the first drive) defense able to avoid the home run balls by MSU offense.

QB ratings? Hill looked much better in 2nd half. MSU qb was streaky. Hit guys in the numbers when needed and occasionally was throwing airballs. He picked up a lot with his feet too...
Interesting calls by the refs.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BroncoBot wrote:QB ratings? Hill looked much better in 2nd half. MSU qb was streaky. Hit guys in the numbers when needed and occasionally was throwing airballs. He picked up a lot with his feet too...
Interesting calls by the refs.
QB stats by half (w/ OT counting as 2nd half):

MSU QB 1st half: 12 of 22 for 169 yards 1 TD 1 INT, .545 complete, 124.98 PER
MSU QB 2nd half: 6 of 16 for 54 yards 0 TD 1 INT, .375 complete, 53.35 PER
MSU total: 18 of 37 for 223 yards 1 TD 2 INT, .486 complete, 97.38 PER

Taysom 1st half: 5 of 12 for 45 yards 1 TD 1 INT, .417 complete, 84.00 PER
Taysom 2nd half: 13 of 15 for 120 yards 2 TDs 0 INT, .867 complete, 198.87 PER
Taysom total: 16 of 27 for 165 for 165 yards 3 TDs 1 INT, .593 complete, 139.85 PER

Like most games this season, Taysom has been very good throwing the ball in the 2nd half - especially the last four games. Here are his 2nd half stats the last four games: 42 of 54 for 482 yards 4 TD 2 INT, .778 complete, 169.79 PER. Both INTs came against West Virginia.

And the last three games: 29 of 35 for 321 yards 3 TD 0 INT, .829 complete, 188.18 PER

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Taysom's per would have been better in the first half if Trinneman didn't drop that bomb that hit him in the hands. Also Pearson dropped a 3rd down conversion that would have kept one of our second half drives alive that may have ended the game before overtime. Not defending Taysom or bagging on receivers, just saying there are plays that need to be made in games that aren't being made. I am happy with the improvement that the team is making. Miss St. played desperate in this game, their defensive line was dominating our Oline for most of the game. I hope to see the Oline take a step forward beyond how they played against Mich State because they took a step backwards in this game. BYU will need that in order to get a win against Boise state.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote:Taysom's per would have been better in the first half if Trinneman didn't drop that bomb that hit him in the hands. Also Pearson dropped a 3rd down conversion that would have kept one of our second half drives alive that may have ended the game before overtime. Not defending Taysom or bagging on receivers, just saying there are plays that need to be made in games that aren't being made. I am happy with the improvement that the team is making. Miss St. played desperate in this game, their defensive line was dominating our Oline for most of the game. I hope to see the Oline take a step forward beyond how they played against Mich State because they took a step backwards in this game. BYU will need that in order to get a win against Boise state.
Trinneman bomb was the first drive of the second half, unless he missed 2 deep bombs...

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote:
frdbtr wrote:Taysom's per would have been better in the first half if Trinneman didn't drop that bomb that hit him in the hands. Also Pearson dropped a 3rd down conversion that would have kept one of our second half drives alive that may have ended the game before overtime. Not defending Taysom or bagging on receivers, just saying there are plays that need to be made in games that aren't being made. I am happy with the improvement that the team is making. Miss St. played desperate in this game, their defensive line was dominating our Oline for most of the game. I hope to see the Oline take a step forward beyond how they played against Mich State because they took a step backwards in this game. BYU will need that in order to get a win against Boise state.
Trinneman bomb was the first drive of the second half, unless he missed 2 deep bombs...
there was only the 1. I thought it was in the 2nd quarter, I was wrong. :)