Help with Sissy

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Help with Sissy

Post by BoiseBYU »

Shhhh but you can't say Texas without saying ass.....For that matter you can't say Wyoming without asking Wy.....

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote:Shhhh but you can't say Texas without saying ass.....For that matter you can't say Wyoming without asking Wy.....
state-a-phobe!!!!!!!!

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

People like Scott Pierce use their fake outrage to bully and silence other people; all in the name of anti-bullying of course.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

Boney Fuller posted a tweet showing many instances of where the salt lake trollbune has used the word "sissy" in their own articles. Someone with the 'skillz' should post it here for our cougarcorner family.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Jarhead wrote:Boney Fuller posted a tweet showing many instances of where the salt lake trollbune has used the word "sissy" in their own articles. Someone with the 'skillz' should post it here for our cougarcorner family.
Including where Pierce used it himself. Hence the reason he had to tweet an apology today. What a fool.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

This morning I was listening to the sports talk radio program Out Kick The Coverage on foxsports radio with Clay Travis and he brought up the Scott Pierce article and he ripped him and the article apart. He's a national radio host he isn't local and he's never heard of this being a gay slang. He didn't receive one tweet one email or one text saying he was wrong. Everyone agreed Sotts article was garbage. Went as far to say Scott Pierce has to have personal ill feelings towards BYU to come out with something as absurd as this. He even defended BYU's position on LBGT even though he personally doesn't agree with it.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

BroncoBot wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:Shhhh but you can't say Texas without saying ass.....For that matter you can't say Wyoming without asking Wy.....
state-a-phobe!!!!!!!!
Then there's OklaHOMA!

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

My son mentioned to me that he had heard that the female in question has apologized for the poster, but I haven't found that in any articles yet. I still think it was a somewhat dumb thing to write as it disparages people from Mississippi even if it wasn't focused on the LGBT community. I"m glad to see a lot of media calling it what it was. When I first googled the phrase from her poster I saw negative comments, but that has changed overwhelming for those calling Pierce a "tool" for writing such.

I guess what got my goat the most over the Pierce article was when he said, "Yes, it is a gay slur. Don't even try to argue it's not." It was like, who died and made you king? Suddenly only you can determine these things and no one else need doubt your word. Hmmmmm. :skeptic:

With all probability it was a female BYU student. What's the probability that she would have made a poster that disparaged any group of people. Personally, still at a loss as to her true meaning, I think she was one of these 4.0 BYU students that are very intelligent, but definitely lack in common sense. I've sure met a lot of those types. It's stuff like this that some clueless people do that reflects so poorly on all of us sane BYU supporters 8)

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

It still wasn't a good sign even if it had nothing to do with LGBT. Still a bit classless I think. I know this is sports and it's competitive and there are losers, but why not put a message supporting one of our players instead??

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

So he's apologized for using "sissies" in 2012, but sticking with his guns that it only exists as a homophobic slur and that BYU should be ashamed.

Essentially he's saying, if his apology is accepted as he intends it:
Scott Pierce should have wrote:Sorry, what I meant to say in 2012 is that "Gay people should not be parents," and I should not have used the pejorative "sissies", cuz it's offensive and all.