Help with Sissy

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Isola
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Help with Sissy

Post by Isola »

Good grief. What is with the world? Everything is a slur and only the slur police know it.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Isola wrote:Good grief. What is with the world? Everything is a slur and only the slur police know it.
:lol:

It is an interesting paradox with BYU that seems to be unlike anyone else.

Generally, if someone in the national media disparages a group of people, more likely than not the individual loses their job. I'm not saying that Scott Pierce should lose his job, as I'm okay if people right their wrongs, but in this incident he has not. He's gone back and apologized for using the word himself, where blatantly he wasn't referring to the LGBT community either using the same word "sissy". Does anyone really care about that earlier statement other than to point out that he was very hypocritical in what he said about the poster?

All the time, neither he, nor the news media company he works for, has stated anything about his embarrassment to take the poster out of context. Why? Besides the fact that I doubt anyone in the LGBT community took his 2012 comment as a racial slur. Duh!

I'm just a bit miffed about it, but honestly I've got bigger issues to worry about in life, but I really hate to see double standards when they exist. All I can do is no longer access their on-line paper. Not much power in that singularly, but that's the way it is.
Last edited by EM_Puma on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

I know I'm in dangerous territory here, but when Scott tweeted "That term should not be used. Period." is Period referring to menstruation?

I know it's stupid but you can make mountains out of molehills with nearly every word in our language.

Isola
Sophomore

Post by Isola »

scott715 wrote:https://fan-insider.com/sports-fans-bla ... y-remarks/

A lot of reply tweets to Scott.
Some faith in humanity has been restored.

Why is it that the PC crowd know all the "hateful" uses of words when normal people have no idea? Do they hold seminars or something? Somehow the people most current on derogatory terms are the cry babies who claim to never use them.

Oh wait...is cry babies racist. I apologize.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »