Bye Week Trivia: "Old men"

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

How many (potentially) returning players are from HS classes from the time BYU was in the MWC?

0-5
15%
6-10
46%
11-15
23%
16+
15%

Total votes: 13

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bye Week Trivia: "Old men"

Post by Fido »

So I thought with 16 days in between games due to the early Boise State game and the bye week, it might be fun to distract everyone from the things that could be complained about from the last game.

It seems long ago that BYU went independent, playing their first non-MWC schedule in 2011. 16 of the 21 graduating players on this year's teams graduated in HS classes from when BYU played in the MWC ( only these didn't: Eric Takenaka and Jamal Williams from the class of 2011, Michael Davis, Kai Nacua, and Colby Pearson from the class of 2012).

Trivia question: How many (potentially) returning players are from HS classes from the time BYU was in the MWC?

I'll give it a few days and then post the answer.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Bye Week Trivia: "Old men"

Post by Fido »

ANSWER: 16+
There is a total of 19 returning players who graduated high school in a MWC year:
Class of 2009 - Tuni Kanuch, Handsome Tanielu
Class of 2010 - Tanner Balderee, Corey Edwards, Gavin Fowler, Colby Hansen, Grant Jones, Corbin Kaufusi, Moses Kaumatule, Ului Lapuaho, Hiva Lee, Lene Lesatele, Andrew Mikkelsen, Va'a Niumatalolo, Keyan Norman, Adam Pulsipher, Cody Stewart, Young Tanner, Kesni Tausinga

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Bye Week Trivia: "Old men"

Post by hawkwing »

Wow, I never would have guessed.

* full disclosure, I voted 16+ after I saw the answer. ;)