Taysom Hill an appreciation

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Taysom Hill an appreciation

Post by hawkwing »

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Taysom Hill an appreciation

Post by byufan4ever »

Here's a look at this top 15 plays!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... t-BYU.html

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

A look at his career via highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79c2edP7sU&t=1059s

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Cool clip! I will miss Taysom. Too much focus by many fans on whether or not Tanner is a better passer. Taysom enters the second teir of BYU qb greats that inlcudes John Beck, Max Hall and others. And he could have made it to the Top tier of McMahan, Detmer, Young, Bosco, if he hadn't been injured. Certainly the most athletic QB ever at BYU and probably gave BYU its best shot of a tough schedule given weaknesses to our Oline, new scheme, he OC, etc. he covered for a multitude of weaknesses and I'm glad he could go out with a full season. He left it ALL out on the field. Thanks Taysom. Now go forth to serve and make a bunch of money as a venture capitalist. .

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Hill's career stats:

9754 total yards (running and passing)
75 Td's (running and passing)
8-8 against "power 5" teams the most games played against them and the most wins against them in BYU history.
4 season ending injuries. 3 different offensive coordinators along with some of the worst offensive lines in our history.

Can you imagine what he could have done if he had had 1 offensive coordinator and a stable offensive line, and no injuries. I know a lot of his injuries were due to his style of play but this year you saw how an offensive coordinator with his health in mind can protect him. Taysom hadn't lost a step this year, he was just doing what his offensive coordinator was calling and protecting himself. In the USU game, I think he felt this was his last game at LES and decided to go back to the old Taysom and the result was another injury. I loved watching Taysom play, he was something special and would have been a 1st round pick in the NFL if he had remained healthy. I am grateful for what he did for BYU and that he came back for one last year this year. I wish him luck in whatever he decides to do with his life from here on out.

I am also thankful that we have Tanner who will be able to take over for Taysom in the bowl game and we have an equal chance of winning with him.

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I don't know about trophies but he had the potential to be the best player in the nation had he not been injured so often. We'll never know. He did have some of the most exciting plays in Cougar history.