Experts weigh in on BYU-Wyoming Bowl Game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Experts weigh in on BYU-Wyoming Bowl Game

Post by snoscythe »

Mars wrote:Wyoming did beat Boise State.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

ABYUFAN wrote:
Fido wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL
To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".

I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.
Which is silly, they are mad that we left for more money, and better TV exposure, which is roughly 2/3 of what leaving for a so-called "Power 5" conference gives you.
That AND "The Project" was going to pull a couple of schools from the MWC to the WAC with BYU before that plan disintegrated and Craig Thompson got a couple WAC schools to jump to the MWC instead. So they view it as BYU tried to burn the place down on the way out. If you buy that version of how it went anyhow.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Fido wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
Fido wrote:
byufan4ever wrote:I love how BYU is arrogant for leaving the MWC but Utah isn't...and they don't even know where USU and Weber St. call home. LOL
To be fair to them, they don't blame Utah or TCU for joining a P5 conference because every last one of the G5 teams would do so in a heartbeat for the extra money and prestige. But BYU left the conference to go independent. Not a P5 team--but wanting to be more than a G5 team--thus evidence of "arrogance".

I think they completely oversimplify what happened there mind you--but that is their theory.
Which is silly, they are mad that we left for more money, and better TV exposure, which is roughly 2/3 of what leaving for a so-called "Power 5" conference gives you.
That AND "The Project" was going to pull a couple of schools from the MWC to the WAC with BYU before that plan disintegrated and Craig Thompson got a couple WAC schools to jump to the MWC instead. So they view it as BYU tried to burn the place down on the way out. If you buy that version of how it went anyhow.
The way I recall it, BYU was alone going to rejoin the WAC in Olympic sports and be independent in football. USU was going to stay in the WAC, but the MWC recruited them to leave the WAC for the MWC torpedoing BYU's plan (which honestly the WCC is a better conference than the old WAC anyway)