The incredible shrinking Tuni Kanuch?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

The incredible shrinking Tuni Kanuch?

Post by Fido »

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: The incredible shrinking Tuni Kanuch?

Post by snoscythe »

The 340 was his end-of-mission weight. He weighed in at 325 at the end of Fall Camp.

Not taking anything away from his weight-loss, but just pointing out that he wasn't playing at 340 last season lest anyone get that impression.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Someone needs to get Mo Langi to see Tuni's wife.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

hawkwing wrote:Someone needs to get Mo Langi to see Tuni's wife.
For sure

CrimsonCoug
Senior

Post by CrimsonCoug »

:lol: Man, where's that old 'thumbs up' button when you need it??

FWIW, Mo was in my sister's ward last spring/summer (when his gas station sprint video came out). My sister didn't know who he was at the time, but she did say that he was going light on meals and no desserts. So there's that.

She also said he was a very, very good missionary. Humble, earnest guy. (And she's kinda cranky, and not a football fan, so that's saying something.) Her 2-year old daughter just referred to him as "the Giant." In fact, that's how the conversation started. I was visiting her and her little girl mentioned out of the blue, "Mommy, you remember The Giant? He was BIG!" Then my sister told me the story of this huge missionary. Pretty funny when I sent her the news clippings on him!

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

CrimsonCoug wrote:
:lol: Man, where's that old 'thumbs up' button when you need it??

FWIW, Mo was in my sister's ward last spring/summer (when his gas station sprint video came out). My sister didn't know who he was at the time, but she did say that he was going light on meals and no desserts. So there's that.

She also said he was a very, very good missionary. Humble, earnest guy. (And she's kinda cranky, and not a football fan, so that's saying something.) Her 2-year old daughter just referred to him as "the Giant." In fact, that's how the conversation started. I was visiting her and her little girl mentioned out of the blue, "Mommy, you remember The Giant? He was BIG!" Then my sister told me the story of this huge missionary. Pretty funny when I sent her the news clippings on him!
Wow, that's really interesting.

I had heard that he had put on somewhere around 60-100lbs during his mission, so he will have a long way to go to get to a playing weight.

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

So, maybe I'm crazy, but do we have a 500 pound lineman? That would be 3.375 of me.

My vote? Keep snacking away Mr. Langi. Could you imagine him getting rhe ball on a fourth and short? Or just taking up two blocks on the defense and giving the rushers a line of attack. I can't wait to see how this spring pans out.

CrimsonCoug
Senior

Post by CrimsonCoug »

I didn't think he'd be back for Spring (he wasn't listed as returning until Fall). But IIRC, he signed his LOI right before going into the MTC, which was right around signing day. So he should be done now.

As for weight gain, I have no idea. But my sister did say that in the several times she had them over for dinner, he was really conscientious about not going back for seconds or having dessert. That's gotta be hard, because when members see this big dude, they naturally think he's hungry and are going to prepare more and want to feed him more.
At least in Arizona he could sweat it out in the summers.

I like the idea of having a Refrigerator Perry playing for us! (although I hope Mo's long term health is a lot better than mr Perry's)

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Mo Langi has been home from his mission for a couple of weeks already. However, "home" for him is Tonga, so he will not make it to Provo for Spring Ball. Expect to see him in Summer workouts and Fall Camp.