2019 BYU @ Utah State bumped from conference weekend

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2019 BYU @ Utah State bumped from conference weekend

Post by Fido »

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/03/lsu- ... -schedule/

The Aggies are taking a pay game ($1.5 mill) to travel to LSU on Saturday, Oct 5. Since BYU had been scheduled to play @ Utah State on Friday, Oct 4, one can only assume that the BYU game will move. Current openings include weeks 9 (Oct 26), 10 (Nov 2), and 11 (Nov 9). I'd love to see Holmoe use conference weekend as a week 6 bye since the team opens against Utah, @ Tennessee, USC, Washington, @ Toledo.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Re: 2019 BYU @ Utah State bumped from conference weekend

Post by jvquarterback »

I'd rather buy out of the game and buy two more home games.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Not sure I follow that logic unless it is just to peacock a little superior attitude at our Aggie neighbors. The funny thing is on the Aggie board they are talking about how the Aggies should cancel the BYU game rather than reschedule--with no plan B of course.
What "purchasable" home games would you like? And how would they be better than an in-state rival game?

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

The home schedule in 2019 is:
Utah
USC
Washington
Boise St
Idaho St

People are going to buy tickets if we add Wagner again but I'd try to buy that away game at UMass and turn it into a home game. Add a home game with NMSU, UTEP, Tx St, or Liberty and get a 2-1 with UNLV, SJSU, Nevada, etc.

We should have 7-8 home games a year.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

jvquarterback wrote:The home schedule in 2019 is:
Utah
USC
Washington
Boise St
Idaho St

People are going to buy tickets if we add Wagner again but I'd try to buy that away game at UMass and turn it into a home game. Add a home game with NMSU, UTEP, Tx St, or Liberty and get a 2-1 with UNLV, SJSU, Nevada, etc.

how many schools get 8 home games a year?

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

With FCS Idaho State already on the schedule, we won't be adding FCS Wagner. :whistle:

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

ABYUFAN wrote:
Utah
USC
Washington
Boise St
Idaho St

This year: Arkansas, LSU if you count the BYU game, SC if you count a neutral site game 60 miles from campus just from the SEC. Every other year TAMU plays 8 home games. There are always a couple from the B1G and sometimes the PAC, Big 12 and ACC.
Fido wrote:With FCS Idaho State already on the schedule, we won't be adding FCS Wagner. :whistle:

The point about Wagner was that the home schedule is plenty strong enough. They don't need to add any team of note.

Sam Adams
ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

jvquarterback wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
Utah
USC
Washington
Boise St
Idaho St

This year: Arkansas, LSU if you count the BYU game, SC if you count a neutral site game 60 miles from campus just from the SEC. Every other year TAMU plays 8 home games. There are always a couple from the B1G and sometimes the PAC, Big 12 and ACC.
So one in the SEC. If you count LSU's game with BYU as an LSU Home game, then you have to count BYU's game with Arizona last year as a BYU home game. Did you?

Maybe 5 teams in all of college football have 8 home games, and you thing that BYU should be good enough to have that every other year? I don't think that that is very realistic.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I like the utah state game. I like playing the in state schools. I wouldn't be in favor of dropping them.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

I also like playing the instate schools but they have a responsibility to our SOS. If USU can't be a top 50 team then we should drop the game and find someone better.