Jordan Pendleton would not commit to BYU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jordan Pendleton would not commit to BYU

Post by BoiseBYU »

BroncoBot wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 pm
BoiseBYU wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm
BoiseBYU wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 pm Kids want to win. I get it. Dime a dozen. That’s why AL is number one every year. Not sure why these athletes who just want to win will necessarily go to UT. Name me a good team they’ve beaten this year. AZ? But I digress. I’m sure they will have a winning record when all is said and done, and if that is all it takes, then I’m sure UT will get their share. When the chips are down, we need leader/athletes who can lift. I hope there are some out there for us. We could use a few.
ASU dominates UT. They still don’t have a quality win. I know we don’t even have a quality loss, but Beehive State football on a real downer.
Oregon destroys u of u.
BYU beats SJSU!
I'm not sure which way this moves the pendulum... :P
My thesis is further sustained. Add in USU getting crushed by BSU and the fact remains: football in the Beehive State sucks this year. It is possible no team will go bowling. Seeing UT get dominated by Oregon, well now I’m understanding why our game against them was so close.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Brayden Green wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:10 am
BroncoBot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm
hawkwing wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 am Utah is not very good this year. They are in the worst spot talent wise they've been in many years, but they have hard nosed coaching that will keep them competitive and in games. This is the difference good coaching makes. If they were under BYU's staff they'd be winless and not competitive (like BYU).
The fact that BYU played them to a single possession and their kicker saved their trash bears this out. However, they are competing.
Utah would be in SERIOUS trouble if they didn't sell out any standards they might have been clinging to and get Carrington.

We would be doing much better if Bernard was on the team playing for us this year. Sometimes it just pays to not have morals or standards, in the short term.

I disagree that U of U is "light years" ahead of BYU. The result from the last two games should show you that. 2 games, 5 points between.
But you have a problem with all the Bronco losses when they often came down to a missed fg...
OK.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

mtnradio wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:12 pm
BOID wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:48 am BYU football is a sleeping giant right now = could be great if it wakes up. If team leadership emerges among a few players, and then if others buy in, synchrony develops, then a taste of success, followed by more faith/confidence and pride as a team.

I'm not predicting this; just saying it could happen. We saw a hint of that yesterday. The quality of BYU's athletes is on the level. The coaches are not 100% responsible for all of this. Some of it is on the players.

We'll see how this team responds next week against Fresno St. Then we will know.
El Bakri stepped up in a motivating way (that hit on the KO will be felt by the other kid for a month!).
Talk to Max Hall or Luke Staley, he may feel that the rest of his life.