The soft part of the 2017 schedule

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BOID
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: The soft part of the 2017 schedule

Post by BOID »

BroncoBot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:36 pm
frdbtr wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:50 pm
vancouvercougar wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:12 pm
BroncoBot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 pm
mtnradio wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:30 am
SpiffCoug wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:15 am Yep, at this point, I'll consider getting to 4 wins a major success. But I think we may only get to 3 at most.
I'm afraid I agree. It really bites to think that BYU MIGHT have a chance against UNLV and Hawaii, but at this point think BYU is more likely to lose those 2 games ...
when was the last time we lost to UNLV?
2004 during the Crowton years.
Isn't that the game where we put up like 500+ yards of offense and still lost because we turned it over like 100 times? Majorly frustrating game to watch but IMO it was better than what we have right now. Who would have thought we would long for those days again.
Tought to watch BYU football in 03 and 04. remember the "realist" label that was going on back then. Haha. wolfie. What the heck am I still doing on these dumb internet forums anyway? :blush:
Ha! I DO remember those "realists." They were trying to convince us all, that BYU was never legitimate, even during its glory years. The highest volume of posts from the realists were from "Air Wolf," who was eventually banned and came back as "Wolf Man," then banned again. The realists were not real fans.

Kudos to Hawkwing for keeping those trolls away from his BYU fan site, when Cougar Blue / Daily Herald would not.

By the way, big kudos to the Cougs for getting their act together today. I don't care if it was against a 1/7 MWC team. Even against a bad team, you still must have coordinated execution to make a play. That's something BYU brought today, that we didn't see last week. Progress!