Fire everyone involved in BYU football this year.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Fire everyone involved in BYU football this year.

Post by byufan4ever »

pikoi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am If you had seen the way the team reacted to Saturday's loss you would want EVERYONE gone. I promise. I care about the success of several of these coaches on a personal level, but the postgame attitude made it clear- this is NOT working and things are very unlikely to change.
Wow. This makes me so sad. I don't like saying or even thinking the words "fire everyone" but things have just been so bad on so many levels this season...

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Cougs_Rule wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 am I think TH should be in jeopardy more for his murderers row scheduling than for his belief that Kalani could get it done.
I'm pretty sure that this year's schedule was not even close to "Murder's Row" We barely had a "vagrant's row" schedule and still stunk it up. I'm not all that excited to bring in new untested people who can stink it up in new and different ways next year. I'd give most of these folks another shot to see if they have learned their lessons.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

pikoi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am If you had seen the way the team reacted to Saturday's loss you would want EVERYONE gone. I promise. I care about the success of several of these coaches on a personal level, but the postgame attitude made it clear- this is NOT working and things are very unlikely to change.
What was the reaction?

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Assuming Pikoi has some inside info, how come I'm not surprised. Maybe some changes are imminent, players no it and nobody cared. Umass was not a superiOr team. I don't care if they were improved over last year or thru the year. They are not better than the talent at BYU. Our passing D made that QB look all conference--as usual!! How many 3rd down conversions on that quick slant pattern did they run? I can remember 3 conversions bc we are playing 10-15 yards off the WR as usual. BUT....
It starts and ends with our Oline run blocking against a horrible run D. Lack of prep! Lack of motivation! Should've run all over them with whatever RB. Where the hell was Kaufensis? Horrible! Unacceptable!
I don't think it's horribilizing to think that the fairly common distractions and let downs of @Hawaii games is in full Monty. BYU is already exposed. It will look totally silly this Saturday. Esp if Pikoi is correct.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

ABYUFAN wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 am
Cougs_Rule wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 am I think TH should be in jeopardy more for his murderers row scheduling than for his belief that Kalani could get it done.
I'm pretty sure that this year's schedule was not even close to "Murder's Row" We barely had a "vagrant's row" schedule and still stunk it up. I'm not all that excited to bring in new untested people who can stink it up in new and different ways next year. I'd give most of these folks another shot to see if they have learned their lessons.
Fair point, sort of. Except 5 P5 teams in the first half of the season decimated our guys morale, health, and deeply entrenched losing ways that extended into the 2nd half of season. We got lucky last year with two all time leaders at BYU and some p5s he were down. Plus remnants of a disciplined winning mentality and team leaders who carried us to a winning season. Just BAD.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I don't think anyone should be fired for the Wisconsin or Miss St games.

Someone needs to be fired for the UMass game.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

snoscythe wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:52 am I don't think anyone should be fired for the Wisconsin or Miss St games.

And ECU.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

snoscythe wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:52 am I don't think anyone should be fired for the Wisconsin or Miss St games.

And Utah State

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

All the folks that are calling for the heads of BYU's coaching staff should take a step back. A lot of this crewe were also calling for Bronco's and Anae's heads too. Look how Bronco's Virginia team performed this last week against #3 Miami. Over 430 yards of offense, and they were leading #3 Miami into the 3rd Qtr. I remember posters on this board skewering Ana for being boring, predictable, and uncreative with his offense. Turned out they forgot 1 word to describe Anae - effective. It's not always greener on the other side.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I think the coaches definitely need to go. But who do we realistically bring in? The pool for temple recommend holders that can be a HC is extremely small. And who wants to come be an under-paid assistant?

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins