Cougarboard Really Makes BYU/Mormons Easy Targets

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Polycougar
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cougarboard Really Makes BYU/Mormons Easy Targets

Post by Polycougar »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:I personally think the growth of the Utah fanbase is more related to the growth of the non-LDS population in the Salt Lake area especially, but also Utah in general. Non-LDS sportsfans would be more likely to follow the non-religious school I would think.
Here here man, I'm a Cougar fan that has enjoyed my share of... Bar-time... and lets just say, I'm yet to see any BYU flags hanging in any of the many I've been too in Salt Lake, but I see a whole lotta red.

byutx
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byutx »

Polycougar wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:I personally think the growth of the Utah fanbase is more related to the growth of the non-LDS population in the Salt Lake area especially, but also Utah in general. Non-LDS sportsfans would be more likely to follow the non-religious school I would think.
Here here man, I'm a Cougar fan that has enjoyed my share of... Bar-time... and lets just say, I'm yet to see any BYU flags hanging in any of the many I've been too in Salt Lake, but I see a whole lotta red.
And if you taught night school or worked for the Dept. of Corrections, you'd think the ratio of ute fans to Y fans would be 30 to 1. But that conclusion would be just as incorrect as the one in your post today.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Polycougar wrote:
don't feel bad man! That's why byutx is also working on his own bar, so he can hang as many flags as you both want!! :love: :love:

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

byutx wrote:Aw, shucks, you guys <byutx blushes>. The last several months have been ridiculously busy for me. But, things should be better when I finish with the Texas Bar. Then I'll only be working around 10 hours a day, rather than 14-15. But, to update you guys, here is the life of byutx over the last three months and the remainder of this month:
-Finals
-Substantial writing (30 pages)
-80 community service hours (for class, not the type typically associated with Yewts)
-Graduation (and all the work that goes along with it)
-New baby (and coming up with a good BYU-related middle name; we went with Reynolds)
-Plan and execute a surprise retirement party for my dad
-Plan a move to TX from Provo
-Find a place to move to
-Actually carry out the move
-Interrupt move with pre-planned gulf fishing trip
-Find a new place to move once the first place falls through, all while living in various hotels w/ 3 kids under age of 4
-Unpack
-Study for the bar (including 2 weeks of "2 a days" to catch up for time missed while moving, traveling, etc.) 12-16 hours a day
-Take the bar

The end is in sight.
I don't know what to say, either:

Pfftt... Get out and do something!

OR

Why are you on here!?!?!

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Mars wrote:
kiwibacon wrote: Italics, do you post on MWCBoard?
Yes he does.
His battles with UNLV fans during basketball season last year were actually fairly epic.
They were. In fact, if not for you posting there, I might be the most hated poster by UNLV fans :D

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

kiwibacon wrote:
Italics wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
Italics wrote:between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.

I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...
As do you, every time you post on MWCBoard. Troll.
I'm sorry, do I know you?

Just the fact that you have the word "wolf" in your name makes me want to ignore you on the spot.
Do you post on MWCBoard?
I used to post there fairly often but I very rarely have over the past couple months due to how busy I've been with school/work/other things. How come? Eager to read all of my posts? I mean, I know you miss me posting here, but really...

and you may have your own opinion of darkwolf. So far I've seen one post by him and it was stupid. Maybe he'll prove me wrong with time. I probably just hurt his feelings at some point or another and now he's holding a grudge like a bratty little child.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Italics wrote:
Mars wrote:
kiwibacon wrote: Italics, do you post on MWCBoard?
Yes he does. His battles with UNLV fans during basketball season last year were actually fairly epic.
They were. In fact, if not for you posting there, I might be the most hated poster by UNLV fans :D
NorCal is spineless when it comes to the Utah fans, but when it comes to Rebels basketball fans his claws really come out as well.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Cougarfan87
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougarfan87 »

Lawboy wrote:
byutx wrote:Aw, shucks, you guys <byutx blushes>. The last several months have been ridiculously busy for me. But, things should be better when I finish with the Texas Bar. Then I'll only be working around 10 hours a day, rather than 14-15. But, to update you guys, here is the life of byutx over the last three months and the remainder of this month:
-Finals
-Substantial writing (30 pages)
-80 community service hours (for class, not the type typically associated with Yewts)
-Graduation (and all the work that goes along with it)
-New baby (and coming up with a good BYU-related middle name; we went with Reynolds)
-Plan and execute a surprise retirement party for my dad
-Plan a move to TX from Provo
-Find a place to move to
-Actually carry out the move
-Interrupt move with pre-planned gulf fishing trip
-Find a new place to move once the first place falls through, all while living in various hotels w/ 3 kids under age of 4
-Unpack
-Study for the bar (including 2 weeks of "2 a days" to catch up for time missed while moving, traveling, etc.) 12-16 hours a day
-Take the bar

The end is in sight.
Dude, you have no idea. The storm is just beginning. After 12 years of practice now, I can guarantee that. And enjoy paying off those loans.
It's all about economics. In essence everyone chooses at what cost they will sell their time. I work for the FEDS, so it goes without saying that I don't make as much as attorneys working for big firms in private practice and I'll probably never be a millionaire. However, I do make better than the national average for attorneys, and my work week rarely exceeds 40 hours. That's just my personal preference, though and not meant to be portrayed as the "right" choice--just an alternative to slaving away in private practice. ;)

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
DarkWolf
Gray Shirt

Post by DarkWolf »

Italics wrote:and you may have your own opinion of darkwolf. So far I've seen one post by him and it was stupid. Maybe he'll prove me wrong with time. I probably just hurt his feelings at some point or another and now he's holding a grudge like a bratty little child.
No hurt feelings - I just don't think as highly of your opinion as you seem to.

As far asa stupid posts go... well, coming from you I guess I should take that as a compliment. Thx.