Cougarboard Really Makes BYU/Mormons Easy Targets

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byutx
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cougarboard Really Makes BYU/Mormons Easy Targets

Post by byutx »

Italics wrote:
byutx wrote:
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Italics wrote:
Ironically, italics is one of those pessismistic BYU fans on rumorboard.
Byutx has made it his personal mission to expose me as the pessimist I am about the idea of BYU going to the Big 12 this summer... and man am I embarrassed.

Then again, I think 90% of the posters here agree with me on this subject.
Funny, you seem to care a lot about what others think of you. There's a big difference between predicting a steady yet unfortunate (for Y fans) increase in Utah's fanbase than declaring it a state of fact that Utah will undoubtedly surpass BYU.

Another problem I have is the attitude that if we don't have proof of something straight from BYU, that there is no possible way that any talks have taken place regarding any kind of beneficial move for us.

Finally, I'm sick of people acting like A-holes. That's all.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Italics wrote: I stand firmly beside the idea that if - years down the road - Utah is in the Pac-10 pulling in millions a year while BYU is still in a non-AQ MWC, that Utah will surpass BYU in popularity in the state of Utah. If you think that makes me a bad fan, sorry.
I think fans will follow successful programs before they'll follow nicer stadiums or even conference affiliation. Look at hawaii, look at Boise St, look at TCU. They won lots of games and fans dissolved out of the woodwork. My Dad was a borderline BYU/U fan for years until the BCS Alabama game. THAT made him a die-hard U fan the last few years (much to my dismay, he is now a Ute season ticket-holder).

ONe of the millions of articles I read in wake of the conference expansion compared BYU's facilities to a number of BC$ school facilities and even WITHOUT all that BC$ hu$h money, we still had nicer stuff. That made me feel a lot better. Compare that also to all of the non-football upgrades that the :utard: will need to be competitive in its other lackluster Pac-0 sports, football may not see money anytime in the near future. You can be pessimistic, but when you compare Cougar football with Arizona, Baylor, and a number of other middlers, we'll be just fine competing with the Utes.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

CougarClaw wrote:
Italics wrote: I stand firmly beside the idea that if - years down the road - Utah is in the Pac-10 pulling in millions a year while BYU is still in a non-AQ MWC, that Utah will surpass BYU in popularity in the state of Utah. If you think that makes me a bad fan, sorry.
I think fans will follow successful programs before they'll follow nicer stadiums or even conference affiliation. Look at hawaii, look at Boise St, look at TCU. They won lots of games and fans dissolved out of the woodwork. My Dad was a borderline BYU/U fan for years until the BCS Alabama game. THAT made him a die-hard U fan the last few years (much to my dismay, he is now a Ute season ticket-holder).

ONe of the millions of articles I read in wake of the conference expansion compared BYU's facilities to a number of BC$ school facilities and even WITHOUT all that BC$ hu$h money, we still had nicer stuff. That made me feel a lot better. Compare that also to all of the non-football upgrades that the :utard: will need to be competitive in its other lackluster Pac-0 sports, football may not see money anytime in the near future. You can be pessimistic, but when you compare Cougar football with Arizona, Baylor, and a number of other middlers, we'll be just fine competing with the Utes.
I agree with you to some extent, but let's be honest, :utard: are no Baylor, Kansas State, or Vanderbilt. They - like BYU, BSU, and TCU - have managed to put together a good football program in spite of being shafted in so many ways by the BCS. They're already better than a good chunk of current Pac-10 teams, and I believe they will only become better year after year as BCS status - and all that comes with it - begins to run its course. Hopefully by then, BYU will be in an AQ league, or be a successful independent (not that I"m saying that's likely).

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

byutx wrote: I'm sick of people acting like A-holes. That's all.
I miss BYUTX posting here more often. For real.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

Italics wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
Italics wrote:between the gullible fans that believe every single "BYU to Big 12" rumor that comes out (despite all the proceeding ones always turning out to have been complete BS), the uptight "holier than thou" mormons, and the handfuls and handfuls of posters who can't tolerate even the most slightly negative or unflattering comment toward BYU without freaking out and calling you names, Cougarboard truly does produce a lot of embarrassing fans for BYU.

I really wish that when other college football fans searched for a BYU forum that cougarcorner would come up first. Heck, even cougarblue would be a more respectable representation...
As do you, every time you post on MWCBoard. Troll.
I'm sorry, do I know you?

Just the fact that you have the word "wolf" in your name makes me want to ignore you on the spot.
Dark Wolf is just fine. He seems to be a lurker and is not the wolf you reference. It would be narrow minded to "ignore" based on name alone and not based on post quality. So Italics, do you post on MWCBoard?

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Mars wrote:
byutx wrote: I'm sick of people acting like A-holes. That's all.
I miss BYUTX posting here more often. For real.
as do I.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

kiwibacon wrote: Italics, do you post on MWCBoard?
Yes he does.
His battles with UNLV fans during basketball season last year were actually fairly epic.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

Aw, shucks, you guys <byutx blushes>. The last several months have been ridiculously busy for me. But, things should be better when I finish with the Texas Bar. Then I'll only be working around 10 hours a day, rather than 14-15. But, to update you guys, here is the life of byutx over the last three months and the remainder of this month:
-Finals
-Substantial writing (30 pages)
-80 community service hours (for class, not the type typically associated with Yewts)
-Graduation (and all the work that goes along with it)
-New baby (and coming up with a good BYU-related middle name; we went with Reynolds)
-Plan and execute a surprise retirement party for my dad
-Plan a move to TX from Provo
-Find a place to move to
-Actually carry out the move
-Interrupt move with pre-planned gulf fishing trip
-Find a new place to move once the first place falls through, all while living in various hotels w/ 3 kids under age of 4
-Unpack
-Study for the bar (including 2 weeks of "2 a days" to catch up for time missed while moving, traveling, etc.) 12-16 hours a day
-Take the bar

The end is in sight.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

byutx wrote:Aw, shucks, you guys <byutx blushes>. The last several months have been ridiculously busy for me. But, things should be better when I finish with the Texas Bar. Then I'll only be working around 10 hours a day, rather than 14-15. But, to update you guys, here is the life of byutx over the last three months and the remainder of this month:
-Finals
-80 community service hours (for class, not the type typically associated with Yewts)
-New baby (and coming up with a good BYU-related middle name; we went with Reynolds)
-Find a place to move to
-Find a new place to move once the first place falls through, all while living in various hotels w/ 3 kids under age of 4
-Unpack
-Study for the bar (including 2 weeks of "2 a days" to catch up for time missed while moving, traveling, etc.) 12-16 hours a day
-Take the bar

The end is in sight.
Dude, you have no idea. The storm is just beginning. After 12 years of practice now, I can guarantee that. And enjoy paying off those loans.

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

Lawboy wrote:
byutx wrote:Aw, shucks, you guys <byutx blushes>. The last several months have been ridiculously busy for me. But, things should be better when I finish with the Texas Bar. Then I'll only be working around 10 hours a day, rather than 14-15. But, to update you guys, here is the life of byutx over the last three months and the remainder of this month:
-Finals
-Find a place to move to
-Unpack
-Take the bar

The end is in sight.
Dude, you have no idea. The storm is just beginning. After 12 years of practice now, I can guarantee that. And enjoy paying off those loans.
I can't imagine you would rather go through all these things on a constantly recurring basis than work in your profession and position for pay.

I'm not doubting that legal work can be rough (my experience tells me that it is enjoyable, too), but I have have taken much more pleasure in my limited legal experience than I have had in the last few months.