My case against Robert Anae

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: My case against Robert Anae

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Guys...Robert Anae isn't a great OC. We've known this from when he was here the first time. He wins a lot with NFL caliber QB's, which is better than some OC's do.

I would like to have someone different here, but a change in coordinator wouldn't help too much because of the injuries.
Last edited by stuckinbig10country on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

stuckinbig10country wrote:Guys...Robert Anae isn't a great OC. We've known this from when he was here the first time. He wins a lot with NFL caliber QB's, which is better than some OC's do.
If he were great, he wouldn't be at BYU making a quarter what his peers make. Instead he's above average, gets his guys in a position to win games and is content with working for less for the church.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:We are the most penalized team in the nation for a reason
Actually, #70 in penalties per game with 6.15 penalties per game.

In penalty yards per game, we are #122, better than Marshall (7-0, #23), Texas Tech (3-4, NR), and Baylor (6-1, #12). Only slightly worse than ECU (5-1, #18).

If anything, looking at the five most penalized (on a yards per game basis), you'd come away thinking maybe more penalties is correlated with winning as TTech is the only one with a losing record, and 3 of the other 4 are ranked in the top-25, and the 4th was ranked until it lost half its team to an injury bug.
Well, those teams score touchdowns all game long. Us? Not so much. It's an interesting correlation (until last week we were second from last, I'm working with old data), but considering the number of first downs we have given away, and touchdowns that have been called back, we can't afford it. We don't have a home run hitter anymore now that Taysom is gone, and our OC is benching anyone that gets over 12.5 yards a carry for no apparent reason.
Someone remind Blue about that joined at the hip thing he brought up but ignored this: The defense and special teams keep putting the offense in terrible field position and seldom do anything to put them in good field position. That is a huge Impact on points. Our offense already puts up more than enough points to win most games, but on those rare occasions that they are given field position, like one quarter of the UCF game - BAM. BAM. BAM. 3 TDs in a matter of minutes. Blinded. Focused on the wrong side of the ball. If the defense could get off the field sooner and more often. The offense would get in another 15-25 plays a game with fewer yards to cover to score and BAM. More points. If you want more points, get the defense off the field and have the punter quit shanking punts, and deciding on his own to fake a punt, and have the punt team quit giving up huge returns...ditto kick off team, and field position is better and BYU will score even more points.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.