My case against Robert Anae

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: My case against Robert Anae

Post by Brayden Green »

BoiseBYU wrote:I think the past several weeks we have seen some of Anae's best coaching. A near revamping of the O for an untested near opposite of TH at QB, the loss of your top five RBs and WRs, an injured OL...and the O has produced.
Against quite literally some of the worst defenses in the nation...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Look at time of possession in our 3 losses. Is it any wonder that most of our injuries are to the defense who are out there a drastically longer period than the offense.

Blue. While your head was stuck in the sand - ostrich style - you seem to have missed a few offensive injuries, including some of the most impact full ones. But - sure - make up facts when you cannot find real ones.

Taysom Hill - the entire offense according to your previous posts. Out for the season. 4-0 before that happened. Remember, this is the guy you claim was masking the inadequacies of Anae. Gone. Suddenly.

Jamaal Williams. The other half of the offense. Suspended week 1. No problem. We a ring a knee brace after that. Then the ankle sprain. Then the foot injury. No worties, we will just put the next man up. And the next. And the next and next.

Algie Brown. Ankle sprain.
Adam Hine. Ankle sprain.
Kurtz has never seen the field - foot injury
Blackmon - ankle
Ryker Matthews injury and academics
Several OL sprained ankles
Did you notice them working on the thigh of Lasike on the sidelines
Jordan Leslie ankle
Which brings us to the 5th string RB.

Really Blue. Are most of the injuries on the defense. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

If an offense scores 35 points, it should win the game period. USU, UCF, and Nevada losses all are on the defense. I can understand the USU loss due to losing taysom hill, give the team a pass on that one. I cannot forgive giving up 14 and 15 point leads in the second half to teams BYU should never lose to. The defense needs to improve and quickly or BYU will be lucky to win another game this season. (with the exception of Savannah state).

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Answer me why someone that had 7 carries for 87 yards only had 2 of those carries in the second half, while up big? And then wonder why, when that was working, you would throw down the field on second and third and long instead of getting first downs like you had been the entire game?

A fine defensive mind like you have, honed by Pop Warner and High School Football, should be able to pull your head out and answer this one for yourself.

What do defenses do when they get surprised by something they had not seen in film, like a 5th string RB gashing them?

They make halftime adjustments. Along with other halftime adjustments to take away what worked in the first half. Having looked at game film going back to week 1, they probably recognized that BYU cannot throw over the top with any consistency. They decided to make Stewart prove he could hit some bombs. Stewart overthrew most of those.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:I think the past several weeks we have seen some of Anae's best coaching. A near revamping of the O for an untested near opposite of TH at QB, the loss of your top five RBs and WRs, an injured OL...and the O has produced.
Against quite literally some of the worst defenses in the nation...

Bitterness can be quite blinding. Nevada does have a terrible pass defense. That is not true for USU and UCF. Those two teams actually had offenses that were struggling against any defense not named BYU. See also - every other opponent this seadon. Terrible offenses. Manny got a season best offensive performance Vs BYU. The BYU defense is performing worse than opponents opponent averages in pretty much every case while the BYU offense is performing better than opponents opponent averages in pretty much every case. Spiff publishes the data for truth seekers every week.

Peace. All Yapped OUT on this debate with you on this thread.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Ah yes, the after loss in-fighting and holier than thou sanctimonies:

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Cougarbib wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Answer me why someone that had 7 carries for 87 yards only had 2 of those carries in the second half, while up big? And then wonder why, when that was working, you would throw down the field on second and third and long instead of getting first downs like you had been the entire game?

A fine defensive mind like you have, honed by Pop Warner and High School Football, should be able to pull your head out and answer this one for yourself.

What do defenses do when they get surprised by something they had not seen in film, like a 5th string RB gashing them?

They make halftime adjustments. Along with other halftime adjustments to take away what worked in the first half. Having looked at game film going back to week 1, they probably recognized that BYU cannot throw over the top with any consistency. They decided to make Stewart prove he could hit some bombs. Stewart overthrew most of those.

The only problem with this is; carter's 2 carries in the second half also went for big yards. Nevada did not stop him for a loss all game. Blue is right about this one. Nate carter should have been given the ball until Nevada had proved they could stop him.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Nate Carter's carries:
2nd Qtr:
6 yards on 1st & 10
8 yards on 2nd & 1
22 yards on 2nd & 6
11 yards on 3rd & 10
5 yards on 1st & 10

3rd Qtr:
15 yards on 1st & 10
20 yards on 1st & 10

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

SpiffCoug wrote:Nate Carter's carries:
2nd Qtr:
6 yards on 1st & 10
8 yards on 2nd & 1
22 yards on 2nd & 6
11 yards on 3rd & 10
5 yards on 1st & 10

3rd Qtr:
15 yards on 1st & 10
20 yards on 1st & 10

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

He obviously had a sprained ankle in the 2nd half. Everyone else did.