Terenn Houk WR Recruit - Impressions

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Terenn Houk WR Recruit - Impressions

Post by byucougar1 »

Washington WR Terenn Houk, who had become good friends with Cougar QB commit Alex Kuresa, was favorably impressed about BYU before he went on his official trip there this past weekend. Apparently, after his visit, he found it better than he expected it to be.

What are the stats for this guy and how does he compare in talent to Heaps WR teammate Kasen Williams?

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Re: Terenn Houk WR Recruit - Impressions

Post by jonnylingo »

byucougar1 wrote:Washington WR Terenn Houk, who had become good friends with Cougar QB commit Alex Kuresa, was favorably impressed about BYU before he went on his official trip there this past weekend. Apparently, after his visit, he found it better than he expected it to be.

What are the stats for this guy and how does he compare in talent to Heaps WR teammate Kasen Williams?
he has the physical attributes, but lacks speed is what I can gather on him. I don't believe he has any offers from any other schools. there really isn't any comparison to kasen williams.

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

jonnylingo wrote:
byucougar1 wrote:Washington WR Terenn Houk, who had become good friends with Cougar QB commit Alex Kuresa, was favorably impressed about BYU before he went on his official trip there this past weekend. Apparently, after his visit, he found it better than he expected it to be.

he has the physical attributes, but lacks speed is what I can gather on him. I don't believe he has any offers from any other schools. there really isn't any comparison to kasen williams.
Did Kasen Williams commit to Florida or is there some long shot chance at him coming to BYU still?

YBrit
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by YBrit »

[/quote]
he has the physical attributes, but lacks speed is what I can gather on him. I don't believe he has any offers from any other schools.
Sounds like BYUs kind of guy.
Last edited by YBrit on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

Wickchad84087 wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:

Did Kasen Williams commit to Florida or is there some long shot chance at him coming to BYU still?
Kasen Williams committed to Sark & the UW Huskies!!! Bummer. BYU was not even on his radar.

"On Friday Kasen Williams, a Top Five wide receiver from the 2011 recruiting class committed to Washington, staying in-state to attend the school both of his parents obtained their degrees from.

Williams chose the Huskies over his other four finalists, Cal, Florida, LSU, and Notre Dame."

cougarfan2011
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU is OK

Post by cougarfan2011 »

OK after some research here is the 411 on Houk.

He is tall, undersize for weight, no speed, no acceleration or burst, runs poor routes, has good hands, very lazy. He was the slowest receiver at his school (not being racist but it is pretty much an all white school). He comes from Enumclaw High School, a 3A school that had a losing season and he wasn't even a leader on that team. He wasn't even a two year starter?!?! He played mostly offense and very little defense. He had no other school even looking at him more less any offers. His coach was even surprised by this and said that it just goes to show you all you have to do is get one coach to like you or in this case one player. He is not LDS.

As for comparison to Kasen Williams he is not even in the same league/category. Kasen is strong, works hard, fast, great hands, and runs great routes.

I don't know what the BYU coaches are/were thinking. This is not a diamond in the rough. With so few scholarships available this year you would have thought we have been more selective. I have to believe there are plenty of LDS receivers out there that are better players and would have been a better choice here. There has to be a better way for this recruiting process to work.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

cougarfan2011 wrote:OK after some research here is the 411 on Houk.

He is tall, undersize for weight, no speed, no acceleration or burst, runs poor routes, has good hands, very lazy. He was the slowest receiver at his school (not being racist but it is pretty much an all white school). He comes from Enumclaw High School, a 3A school that had a losing season and he wasn't even a leader on that team. He wasn't even a two year starter?!?! He played mostly offense and very little defense. He had no other school even looking at him more less any offers. His coach was even surprised by this and said that it just goes to show you all you have to do is get one coach to like you or in this case one player. He is not LDS.

As for comparison to Kasen Williams he is not even in the same league/category. Kasen is strong, works hard, fast, great hands, and runs great routes.

I don't know what the BYU coaches are/were thinking. This is not a diamond in the rough. With so few scholarships available this year you would have thought we have been more selective. I have to believe there are plenty of LDS receivers out there that are better players and would have been a better choice here. There has to be a better way for this recruiting process to work.
Nice first post--TROLL. Was it fun to throw a HS kid under the bus like that? Seriously, just stop already. Go away.

My guess is that if Houk comes on, it will be as a preferred walk-on like BYU often does. We do not have he schollie to give, but he could earn one later.

cougarfan2011
Gray Shirt

Post by cougarfan2011 »

Not a troll just from the area he plays in. Have seen him play actually. Not throwing him under the bus as much as I am the coaches. He doesn't have the talent level to play at the next level. Makes me question who they are bringing in and recruiting. I am glad to see they look outside of Utah but definitely not the caliber you would think we would want. And as for the schollie he is telling everyone he got a full ride!

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

cougarfan2011 wrote:Not a troll just from the area he plays in. Have seen him play actually. Not throwing him under the bus as much as I am the coaches. He doesn't have the talent level to play at the next level. Makes me question who they are bringing in and recruiting. I am glad to see they look outside of Utah but definitely not the caliber you would think we would want. And as for the schollie he is telling everyone he got a full ride!
Sounds like he may have gotten the same "full ride" that Kevin Hart got from Cal:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... id=3236039

cougarfan2011
Gray Shirt

Post by cougarfan2011 »

Difference is he truly is being recruited by BYU. That I am sure of.