Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

BYU Cougars on the court.
0
0

Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby BerliNY » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 am

Just saw that Duke picked up another 2013 commit, they now have two wings for that class, both are 4-star and they're going after another that's a five-star.

Ultimately this will come down to Jabari choosing the school he likes best, if that's not BYU then that's it. But I can't help but think that this helps BYU's chances a little.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... lue-devils
Loyal Strong True
User avatar
BerliNY
All-American
 
Posts: 1245
Positive Score: 0
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:01 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby BroncoBot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 pm

BerliNY wrote:Just saw that Duke picked up another 2013 commit, they now have two wings for that class, both are 4-star and they're going after another that's a five-star.

Ultimately this will come down to Jabari choosing the school he likes best, if that's not BYU then that's it. But I can't help but think that this helps BYU's chances a little.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... lue-devils

Not really. Any coach out there is going to make room for Jabari if he's willing to commit. Even if one of these new commits is sent packin'.
User avatar
BroncoBot
Over-Achiever
 
Posts: 6846
Positive Score: 4
Negative Score: -1
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby scott715 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 pm

It could affect playing time.
User avatar
scott715
Over-Achiever
 
Posts: 6936
Positive Score: 7
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:56 am
Location: Pendleton, OR
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby Mars » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:54 am


Jabari's Top 6, IMO:

1. Michigan State
2. Duke
3. Kansas
4. BYU
5. Kentucky
6. Illinois
Mars al'Thor, The Cougar Reborn!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
User avatar
Mars
Retired
 
Posts: 7989
Positive Score: 0
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby Gunk » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 am

No school is going to put all their eggs in one basket so they will keep recruiting and signing players. Duke will win with or without Jabari. So, don't blame Coach K one bit for signing other wings. He's got a team to build.

If I am Jabari, this does signal that there will be competition at Forward for minutes. Jabari may be just fine with that. I get the sense Jabari may not want to be the leader. Seems the type to me that just wants to go about their business. In which case, Duke may serve Jabari better.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image
Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
User avatar
Gunk
All Star
 
Posts: 4382
Positive Score: 6
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:23 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby Metal Bubba » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm

If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image
When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
User avatar
Metal Bubba
Sophomore
 
Posts: 427
Positive Score: 0
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby Qman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Metal Bubba wrote:If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image



Or that God doesn't really care about basketball games.
Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
Qman
Junior
 
Posts: 826
Positive Score: 1
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Houston, TX
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby Metal Bubba » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:01 am

Qman wrote:
Metal Bubba wrote:If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image



Or that God doesn't really care about basketball games.


Blasphemy!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image
When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
User avatar
Metal Bubba
Sophomore
 
Posts: 427
Positive Score: 0
Negative Score: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby hawkwing » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 am

Metal Bubba wrote:
Qman wrote:
Metal Bubba wrote:If Jabari goes to Dook, then I will be forced to accept there is no God.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image



Or that God doesn't really care about basketball games.


Blasphemy!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image


He's too busy watching football!
Bronco: Another Hawkwing post? SWEET!
Image

Tradition - Spirit - Honor
User avatar
hawkwing
Retired
 
Posts: 9067
Positive Score: 25
Negative Score: -1
Images: 226
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:35 am
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

0
0

Re: Duke Commits = Jabari More Likely?

Postby Cougs_Rule » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:44 am

Gunk wrote:No school is going to put all their eggs in one basket so they will keep recruiting and signing players. Duke will win with or without Jabari. So, don't blame Coach K one bit for signing other wings. He's got a team to build.

If I am Jabari, this does signal that there will be competition at Forward for minutes. Jabari may be just fine with that. I get the sense Jabari may not want to be the leader. Seems the type to me that just wants to go about their business. In which case, Duke may serve Jabari better.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Image


If there is any "passivity"/non-leader-ness to Jabari, I doubt it is the same as a lack of Desire to shine? However, if there is any passive element to his game I would read that as a positive to attend BYU.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
 
Posts: 5763
Positive Score: 13
Negative Score: -2
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
+1 by:

Next

Return to BYU Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


  • Next Football Game

Boise State:

weeks
0
0
days
0
0
hours
0
0
mins
0
0
secs
0
0
Channel: ESPN Kickoff: 10/24 19:00 MST
Location: Boise, ID
  • Next Basketball Game

Next Season:

weeks
0
0
days
0
0
hours
0
0
mins
0
0
secs
0
0
Channel: Tipoff: 11/5 18:0 MST
Location: Marriot Center
  • Support CougarCorner

Don't want to see these ads? Sign in or Register!

  • Register
  • Login
    • CougarCorner Man Updates
    • CougarCorner News Bites
    • CougarCorner Prediction Game

    Next FB Game

    Opponent: Boise State
    Location: Boise, ID
    Date: Oct 24, 19:00

    Enter Your Predictions

    Average Predictions

    QuestionPrediction
    BYU Score32
    Boise State Score34
    More Turn OversBYU
    BYU Pass Yards330
    BYU Rush Yards142
    Boise State Pass Yards322
    Boise State Rush Yards121
    More Field GoalsBoise State
    More TDsBYU
    More SacksBoise State

    Previous FB Game

    Predictions v Results

    QuestionPredictionActual
    BYU Score3335
    Nevada Score2042
    More Turn OversNevadaBYU
    BYU Pass Yards257408
    BYU Rush Yards187193
    Nevada Pass Yards237285
    Nevada Rush Yards91126
    More Field GoalsNevadaNevada
    More TDsBYUNevada
    More SacksBYUNevada

    Next BBall

    No Next Game Found

    Previous BBall

    Place Holder for Prev Basketball Game

    cron