ANDRUS HEIGHT

BYU Cougars on the court.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: ANDRUS HEIGHT

Post by BYULV »

Saw both Kaufusis at the women's soccer game Saturday night. Corbin was noticeably taller than Bronson, wasn't even a question. Corbin was also a lot skinnier, but not so bad that he looked too light. He definitely looks like a BBall player while Bronson definitely looks like a football player.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougarbib »

I declare myself to be a citizen of the fine state of Missouri on this one - Show Me!

Not sayin he will. Not saying he won't. Wait....Are we talking about Kaufusi or Andrus in this thread? Nobody had a comment on the OP?

But did we fully resolve the debate about whether basketball or football requires the most smarts?

;)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYULV wrote:Saw both Kaufusis at the women's soccer game Saturday night. Corbin was noticeably taller than Bronson, wasn't even a question. Corbin was also a lot skinnier, but not so bad that he looked too light. He definitely looks like a BBall player while Bronson definitely looks like a football player.
This is good. He should follow his brother's example and marry a women's scoeer player.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Cougarbib wrote:I declare myself to be a citizen of the fine state of Missouri on this one - Show Me!

Not sayin he will. Not saying he won't. Wait....Are we talking about Kaufusi or Andrus in this thread? Nobody had a comment on the OP?

But did we fully resolve the debate about whether basketball or football requires the most smarts?

;)

Smarts depends on the position played I would think. but what I originally was trying to say was that it would be harder to understand football than basketball if you were starting from nothing like ZIGGY was. Then to compound the comparison, Kaufusi already has experience playing BBALL so he would likely have a lot bigger head start. As was pointed out,BBall skills are more difficult to fine tune than football skills, I can agree with that. But I still believe football is a much more complex game to understand and play from a strategy and playbook standpoint. You can bring a few non BBall guys to a court and within a few minutes have them pkaying BBall. Take a few foreigners to a football field and see how long it takes them to figure out football.

I'm excited for BBall season and to continue on with this great football season. This is getting close to being the most exciting time of year, football in full swing and BBall starting as well.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

There's a massive difference between being able to play, playing high school, playing small college and playing D1. Not even height or athleticism alone can get you D1. Basketball is a fine tuned reflex, as is shooting and it takes years upon years to develop to get to the top levels (NBA has the greatest fallout rate, because it's the elite of the elite that stick).

Football while complicated to understand offers some positions that mastery doesn't take as long. Tight end, receiver, dline can be taught to a player in a year or two if they have the right genetics, size, and athleticism. Not a surprise that these are the positions (mostly TE and Oline) where athletes have either attempted or even successfully made the transition. Usually at least having played some though (Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, Julius Peppers, Julius Thomas, etc.)

I have NEVER seen the other transition from football to hoops.. in fact Corbin Kaufusi might be the closest example I can think of.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... fl-players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

Well with media day we are close to being able to find out if Corbin can do it.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Cougarbib wrote:I declare myself to be a citizen of the fine state of Missouri on this one - Show Me!

;)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Argue with Dave Rose, not us... compared him to The Dream... and he should know

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Not arguing. Just trying to make sure it is clear that these posts are about Kaufusi - not Andrus. Hijacked thread. Maybe Kaufusi deserves his own thread.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Andrus and Kaufusi on the corner so we can see what we have got.

I have no opinion about either and will not have one until I see them play.

Another point is that Kaufusi is not really a D1 football player switching to basketball. He is someone who played both sports in high school, and due to a growth spurt has decided to play basketball in college. Did he ever play football in college?

Last edited by Cougarbib on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Cougarbib wrote:Not arguing. Just trying to make sure it is clear that these posts are about Kaufman - not Andrus. Hijacked thread. Maybe Kaufusi deserves his own thread.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Andrus and Kaufusi on the corner so we can see what we have got.

I have no opinion about either and will not have one until I see them play.

Another point is that Kaufusi is not really a D1 football player switching to basketball. He is someone who played both sports in high school, and due to a growth spurt has decided to play basketball in college. Did he ever play football in college?

Wasn't kaufman our kicker a lot of years back? How did he end up in this thread? Now it's really being hijacked.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

To bring the topic back to the OP, Ryan Andrus is now listed at 6'11" when his height in high school was questioned from 6'8"+. It appears the big guy has grown an inch or two since high school (Kaufusi grew 3-4). A 6'11"+ Andrus with his skill set is an entirely a different animal than a 6'8" at the D1 level... this pleases me much. We are stocked like no time since the mid80s with present and future bigs.