Jerell Springer visiting BYU

BYU Cougars on the court.
User avatar
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:23 pm
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by Gunk » Thu May 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Mars wrote:Springer has committed to SUU.
As in Southern Utah University? Really?

Probably thought he'd get more playing time. Well, I rather him go there directly then come here and transfer a year later.
Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel

User avatar
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Posts: 12060
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:35 am
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Location: Eagle Mountain, UT
Contact:

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by hawkwing » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

Gunk wrote:
Mars wrote:Springer has committed to SUU.
As in Southern Utah University? Really?

Probably thought he'd get more playing time. Well, I rather him go there directly then come here and transfer a year later.
He probably realized he'd be playing there in 2 years anyway, so might as well cut out the middleman.

BlueK
Junior
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by BlueK » Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 pm

hawkwing wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Mars wrote:Springer has committed to SUU.
As in Southern Utah University? Really?

Probably thought he'd get more playing time. Well, I rather him go there directly then come here and transfer a year later.
He probably realized he'd be playing there in 2 years anyway, so might as well cut out the middleman.
Some rumors out there today that BYU is about to give the scholarship to an international player who is better. We'll see what happens.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9172
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by BroncoBot » Thu May 25, 2017 11:05 am

BlueK wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Mars wrote:Springer has committed to SUU.
As in Southern Utah University? Really?

Probably thought he'd get more playing time. Well, I rather him go there directly then come here and transfer a year later.
He probably realized he'd be playing there in 2 years anyway, so might as well cut out the middleman.
Some rumors out there today that BYU is about to give the scholarship to an international player who is better. We'll see what happens.
tick-tock.

User avatar
Mars
Retired
Posts: 9016
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Contact:

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by Mars » Thu May 25, 2017 1:32 pm

I've been hearing a bit about a 3-pt shooter from Cal that BYU is looking at. I assume Springer was told to move on, that there was no longer room for him.
Mars al'Thor, The Cougar Reborn!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars

User avatar
scott715
TV Analyst
Posts: 10054
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:56 am
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner
Location: Pendleton, OR

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by scott715 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:01 pm



Trevin Knell was released by Cal when they changed coaches. I think he is a mission first kid.

nuk13
All-American
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by nuk13 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:09 pm

I don't want anymore 3 point bombers. It seems to cause great games sometimes and flops when those shots aren't falling.

User avatar
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug » Thu May 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Jerry Springer, the talk show icon, graduated from Tulane.

User avatar
Fido
Heisman Winner
Posts: 2025
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 am
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by Fido » Thu May 25, 2017 9:34 pm

scott715 wrote:

Trevin Knell was released by Cal when they changed coaches. I think he is a mission first kid.
You are correct. He goes on his mission in a month. So he wouldn't fill a roster spot until 2019-20. There must still be someone out there for 2017-18.

User avatar
BroncoBot
Retired
Posts: 9172
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 pm
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jerell Springer visiting BYU

Post by BroncoBot » Fri May 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Fido wrote:
scott715 wrote:

Trevin Knell was released by Cal when they changed coaches. I think he is a mission first kid.
You are correct. He goes on his mission in a month. So he wouldn't fill a roster spot until 2019-20. There must still be someone out there for 2017-18.
i'll have to look, but I may have some eligibility left...

Post Reply