Kingma?

BYU Cougars on the court.
cgharring
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Kingma?

Post by cgharring »

So what did you guys think of him? Did we miss one on that?

My personal opinion, is he was a bit better than I thought he was going to be. He will have a nice career at Oregon, but nothing dominant or all PAC 12 or anything. Also a bit quicker than I thought. Beautiful jumper for sure.

Btw was it me or did he kind of diss Dave rose at the end of the game?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Kingma?

Post by Mars »

His stats are poor, and he has been COLD the last 3 games. His Sophomore year will tell a more accurate story. He was incredibly talented in high school.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

cgharring wrote:So what did you guys think of him? Did we miss one on that?

My personal opinion, is he was a bit better than I thought he was going to be. He will have a nice career at Oregon, but nothing dominant or all PAC 12 or anything. Also a bit quicker than I thought. Beautiful jumper for sure.

Btw was it me or did he kind of diss Dave rose at the end of the game?

I didn't see what he did. What did you notice?

cgharring
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by cgharring »

Listen this is one guys opinion is all. But first thing is he got a decent amount of playing time in that game as a freshman, so Oregon must think he has some potential. He was quicker than I expected, but it is not fast in the sense he is going to rocket past his defender and take it to the rack. But you can tell he is a shooter and a scorer.

For example, for those who remember the video we saw of Stephen Rogers in the finals of whatever small college game when we were recruiting him. He shot the ball badly that game. But you can tell who is a pure shooter and who is not. Rogers kept shooting the ball and had a ton of confidence. I remember my Dad not being impressed and my comment is I think he is going to be great, as you could tell he is a scorer and will do well at BYU. (by the way there are many times I am wrong, but once in a while I am right) Contrast that with Abouo who is a good shooter but not pure. When he starts missing he stops shooting.

That is a long answer to illustrate my point that you can tell Kingma is a scorer and a shooter. You can tell the way he plays ball.

I wish him well and no big deal if BYU wasn't the right fit for him. I still was bugged how Dave Rose tried to be nice to him at the end of the game and he kind of snubbed him at the end.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

cgharring wrote: I wish him well and no big deal if BYU wasn't the right fit for him. I still was bugged how Dave Rose tried to be nice to him at the end of the game and he kind of snubbed him at the end.
If that is true(the snub), LAME. But you did just get your can handed to you. Now go back to Oregon and pout about it.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Kingma is JakeHeaps-ing Oregon. In fact, Oregon is getting Utah-ed. With all of their talent transferring away, could Dave Rose make room for this kid in Provo?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... rd_br.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Mars wrote:
Kingma is JakeHeaps-ing Oregon. In fact, Oregon is getting Utah-ed. With all of their talent transferring away, could Dave Rose make room for this kid in Provo?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... rd_br.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The kid learned the hard way that going with the best coach in the best system (a system built for a kid like Kingma to succeed) is better than the smoke and mirrors of the glitzy Nike pilot school with bad coaching, bad fans, and bad basketball.

Kingma would be very lucky if Dave Rose would be willing to even let him walk on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kingma ends up with Gonzaga but to be honest we have so many young great guards coming in that I could care less.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

craigoscarson wrote: The kid learned the hard way that going with the best coach in the best system (a system built for a kid like Kingma to succeed) is better than the smoke and mirrors of the glitzy Nike pilot school with bad coaching, bad fans, and bad basketball. Kingma would be very lucky if Dave Rose would be willing to even let him walk on. I wouldn't be surprised if Kingma ends up with Gonzaga but to be honest we have so many young great guards coming in that I could care less.
Nailed it.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

The older I get, the easier it is for me to see what a superior program BYU has, and how much it could serve the young men who have the opportunity to play here. It's sad when some of those kids choose not to enrich their lives and end up in bad situations else where.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

There is no room for him now. I heard about his transfer about a week ago. No news here for us.