Jabari Watch--it's OVER!

BYU Cougars on the court.
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jabari Watch--it's on!

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

Here's a nice writeup of the "final five" schools and the pros and cons of each:
http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1181/0/W ... -list.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still holding out hope...but I agree with Sno, if there's a RN bowl start, and a Jabari "not-going-to-BYU" announcement, Provo will have a collective sigh of "awww, fiddlesticks."

Despite the rumors of Duke and MSU as pulling away in the decision, I think BYU still has a shot. I have no reason behind this thinking other than this: If I were a hotshot recruit, I would go to a place where I am certain that I would start and play the majority of every game of my one-and-done college experience--I don't think that is Duke. It might be MSU. It certainly would be BYU. I get the whole "storied program" thing, but c'mon, Jabari, be a part of building a great program, not just another part of a system. Much cooler to be a breakthrough contributor, rather than "helped school X get to another elite 8." It's just more special to do that at a place like BYU, because it's been awhile, and it will mean more if he comes here, and the team does great things that it hasn't done for awhile because of his coming here. Come ON, Jabari! Go west, young man!!

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Sno, That's hilarious! And accurate. I may have to break out the NyQuil if both happen.

Bib, in approx 3 years you will be on SS, unless they extend age or means test (I assume) and I may even have to be nice to you as you officially become a Sr citizen. Here's to 3 years of harassment.

My new prediction is JP to MSU. Stinking dang it all. Duke is too loaded and MSU is closer to home. Bugga.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by Cougs_Rule on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Son. That's hilarious! And accurate. I may have to break out the NyQuil if both happen.

Bib, in approx 3 years you will be on SS, unless they extend age or means test (I assume) and I may even have to be nice to you as you officially become a Sr citizen. Here's to 3 years of harassment.

My new prediction is JP to MSU. Stinking dang it all. Duke is too loaded and MSU is closer to home. Bugga.

I retired early - so you can be nice to me now if you feel inclined. What I did not realize when I retired was how much harder retiring is than working was. But if I ever complete my relocation to the mainland - ie sell my house - I may be able to kick back - relax - go fishing - etc.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

It's not Over yet.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/- ... -73676594/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe, Dad is staing his Preference in Duke or MSU. And since we are grasping at straws, maybe, just maybe, JP will react to Dad spouting off in the media and have a teenage reaction and go against Dads conventional wisdom/preference.

Ok,ok. Yes, it's grasping. No, I don't suspect he will pick BYU. But there is that "peculiar" /unique/distinct streak to JP that may cause him to draw positive Christian attention to himself trying to co,pensate for an underlying guilt of "stepping away" from the mission thing and say, "I want to draw attention to my Christianity and faith. I can play bball anywhere and prep anywhere for the next level." Who knows.

FYI, Jabari plays the #1 team in Texas tonight on ESPN at 830pm (central time, I think).

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

There's just so much potential with all the recruits Rose has coming in that is has to be tempting for Jabari to be part of the #1 recruiting class in the nation - although whichever class Parker joins will likely be the #1 recruiting class anyways

KYCoug
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by KYCoug »

beauso79 wrote:There's just so much potential with all the recruits Rose has coming in that is has to be tempting for Jabari to be part of the #1 recruiting class in the nation - although whichever class Parker joins will likely be the #1 recruiting class anyways
Sorry, Kentucky has already signed the #1, 3, 4, and 5 recruits for next years class which makes them the top class. That's probably why JP chose not to go to KY.

Ky's recruiting class
Julias Randle #1 Rivals
Aaron Harrison #3 Rivals
Andrew Harrison #4 Rivals
Aaron Gordon #5 Rivals

JP is ranked #2 he was #1 until Julias Randle reclassified from the 2014 class to the 2013. KY's recruiting class is the highest ranking class in history.

I would love to see JP go to the Y and with the others Coach Rose has coming in could be very competitive.

Go Cougs

L Hatton
Louisville, KY

tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/high-sc ... e-on-espnu

Announcement will be televised on ESPNU. This is Jabari's chance to shock the world, or to be just another top recruit going to another top school and nobody will care.

EDIT:
That's not entirely true. I'm sure the fanbase of the school he chooses will definitely care. Just not the nation as a whole

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

tmoney35 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/high-sc ... e-on-espnu

Announcement will be televised on ESPNU. This is Jabari's chance to shock the world, or to be just another top recruit going to another top school and nobody will care.

EDIT:
That's not entirely true. I'm sure the fanbase of the school he chooses will definitely care. Just not the nation as a whole
Uggg. Maybe it's just the Jake-Heaps-Bad-Taste-In-My-Mouth but does he have to have an announcement "event"? I thought the kid was supposed to be grounded/humble.

I'm beginning to have buyer's remorse. Please Jabari, say it ain't so, say you didn't call a press conference to announce you school choice.

Loyal Strong True
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

BerliNY wrote:
tmoney35 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/high-sc ... e-on-espnu

EDIT:
Uggg. Maybe it's just the Jake-Heaps-Bad-Taste-In-My-Mouth but does he have to have an announcement "event"? I thought the kid was supposed to be grounded/humble.

I'm beginning to have buyer's remorse. Please Jabari, say it ain't so, say you didn't call a press conference to announce you school choice.
Bad Omen. Even worse than Heaps. I was at the Press Confrrence at Woodbridge High School in Irvine, California when Chris Burgess put on the Duke hat - before he rode the bench and transferred to U.

Burgess was the #1 pick that year and thought he would go 1 and done at Duke. Instead he averaged about 1 1/2 minutes at Duke.

Memo to Jabari - don't do it.

Now let's talk about our own and only 1 and done - Shawn Bradley - got his autograph - that might have been great if he stuck around a while.

Ok - now let's talk about Ben Olsen - redshirt - ticked at coach for promising him a start at USU and then not playing him - sorry that was not Bronco that time.

Anybody got any other number 1 recruits they want to add to this list. I forget if Teo was one.

Jabari - come play for a few years - Legacy

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Burgess was the number one pick that year? Huh. I didn't know that.