Jabari Watch--it's OVER!

BYU Cougars on the court.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jabari Watch--it's on!

Post by SpiffCoug »

Probably. But I bet Jabari could commit the day before the season started and Coach Rose would find a way to have a scholarship available for him.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
JawJackson
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by JawJackson »

Here's a new video of Jabari:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SLT reporting that Rose is one of 8 coaches invited to the Parker home for an in- home visit. so there's still a chance.....

jacksonman
BLUEshirt

Post by jacksonman »

I actually believe that BYU is Jabari's to lose. He seems to be a different breed of athlete, in that attention, prestige, etc is not as high of priority for him as it is for most top 10 recruits.

He seems to be a smart kid and realize that BYU"s 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes are top notch.

He realizes that he may have more support in living a virtuous/chaste life at BYU (still difficult but more support).

He knows Coach Rose is a great coach AND a great guy and will be their to support him along with coaching him.

He knows what Jimmer was able to do at BYU.

He knows that he could cause shock waves at BYU and enter BYU legend OR be one of the many top recruits to enter these other schools every year.

If he goes to BYU, he will have a legitimate chance at a final 4. If he stays 2 years, we may be a favorite for the championship. He would be loved by BYU fans forever, ... as long as he doesn't pull a Heaps, which I have no doubt that he won't have that problem ... or he could just be another #1 recruit at one of the other programs.

I really think BYU has a good shot. Keeping fingers crossed!

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

jacksonman wrote:I actually believe that BYU is Jabari's to lose. He seems to be a different breed of athlete, in that attention, prestige, etc is not as high of priority for him as it is for most top 10 recruits.

He seems to be a smart kid and realize that BYU"s 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes are top notch.

He realizes that he may have more support in living a virtuous/chaste life at BYU (still difficult but more support).

He knows Coach Rose is a great coach AND a great guy and will be their to support him along with coaching him.

He knows that he could cause shock waves at BYU and enter BYU legend OR be one of the many top recruits to enter these other schools every year.

If he goes to BYU, he will have a legitimate chance at a final 4. If he stays 2 years, we may be a favorite for the championship. He would be loved by BYU fans forever, ... as long as he doesn't pull a Heaps, which I have no doubt that he won't have that problem ... or he could just be another #1 recruit at one of the other programs.

Agreed with all.

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

jacksonman wrote:I actually believe that BYU is Jabari's to lose. He seems to be a different breed of athlete, in that attention, prestige, etc is not as high of priority for him as it is for most top 10 recruits.

I hope he sees it your way.

Loyal Strong True
IowaCougar
Junior

Post by IowaCougar »

I notice Greg Wrubell is reporting BYU in Jabari's final 5 in his twitter feed. :)

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

All the news sources reporting now that BYU one of last five under consideration. He seems to have a well thought out list, but I'll bet he's already decided, just keeping it under wraps until he's ready.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

"So you're saying there's still a chance!"

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Of course there is. And while it is not for certain, I really think that JB would not be punking Coach Rose. He would not lead him on if BYU was eliminated. I think it will come down to BYU and One other school.he either wants the byu experience or settles in with Coach K.