2013 class ranked 9 as of right now

BYU Cougars on the court.
srcougar
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2013 class ranked 9 as of right now

Post by srcougar »

I know this is all very subjective and can always change drastically, but I thought it was cool to see us in the top ten! Even if it changes. Here is hoping it goes up with a certain signing from Chicago ;)

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-spor ... ssrankings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: 2013 class ranked 9 as of right now

Post by scott715 »

Cool, I didn't realize at first that this was basketball. It is still early and we got 4 committments. Our point total will not change much unless we get a surprise get.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

scott715 wrote:Cool, I didn't realize at first that this was basketball. It is still early and we got 4 committments. Our point total will not change much unless we get a surprise get.
Or any of the kids get downgraded or injured.

WOW! What does this class become if JB signs? Top 5? Top 3? This Top 9 ranking has to get his attention. Of course by the time these kids are actively involved and drawing national attention on the court, it may 2, 3, or even 4 years in.

Bib, this could be asterisk city--legitimate asterisks even. You might even get asterisk drunk.

I wonder if all these kids would put off a mission for a year to pl at together with JB?? Isn't Hartsock supposed to go right out of HS?

Mix 2013 with 2012 class and the shelves are pretty stocked!

Happy days in Cougar Town!!!

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

With JP it would be top 20 and that is about it. Too many top 100 kids spread amoung the top 20 programs.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

That sight didn't give any information on BYU. Who are the kids that are coming. I can only think of Emery and Haws.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

dmcougar wrote:I wonder if all these kids would put off a mission for a year to pl at together with JB??
I don't think Rose would stand for that. He's a hard-liner on mission commitments--if you want to go on a mission, you tell him when you are going and that's when you go. If you tell him you aren't going on a mission, he will hold you to your word even if you have a change of heart and tell you to keep your word and go after you finish with basketball.

With the shorter roster in hoops, Rose can't shuffle the uncertainty as easily as the football team can with 80+ guys.

That said, I don't think Parker is a one-and-done specimen--he needs at least 2 years IMHO.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

The kids are Emery, Mika, Hatsock and Shaw I think. The kids can all tell Rose that they are playing an extra year before leaving. They might be really good one year and then struggle the year after.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

snoscythe wrote:
dmcougar wrote:I wonder if all these kids would put off a mission for a year to pl at together with JB??
I don't think Rose would stand for that. He's a hard-liner on mission commitments--if you want to go on a mission, you tell him when you are going and that's when you go. If you tell him you aren't going on a mission, he will hold you to your word even if you have a change of heart and tell you to keep your word and go after you finish with basketball.

With the shorter roster in hoops, Rose can't shuffle the uncertainty as easily as the football team can with 80+ guys.

That said, I don't think Parker is a one-and-done specimen--he needs at least 2 years IMHO.
Makes sense about the mission commitments.

And while I tend to believe you are right about 2 years, that would also lean him toward a mission. And if he does one year before and one after, not sure he would have his legs back. And that would be the case wherever he chooses to attend. It will be very interesting, particularly since he is becoming so visible about his religion and mission. I wonder if he is boxing himself in a little. Although maybe he is too grounded to be too concerned about what others think.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

scott715 wrote:With JP it would be top 20 and that is about it. Too many top 100 kids spread amoung the top 20 programs.
Am I missing something or are you??? If its already ranked 9th.....

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

The other teams will be adding commitments and they will pass us. Kentucky lost 5 or more players and they will replace them with top 100 players.