Sealing The Jabari Parker Deal

BYU Cougars on the court.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sealing The Jabari Parker Deal

Post by Cougarbib »

First - is he a descendant of Parker Ranch Parker family from The Big Island. I know a family that has those bloodlines. Tall, Strong, very strong.

Back to OP

Might this be a good time to join the BEAST WEST in football with some basketball favors worked into the deal?

Maybe BYU becomes a basketball first school again like when I was there in the Kresimir Cosic days.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Sealing The Jabari Parker Deal

Post by scott715 »

No, football first. I think TH should try to cozy up to the Big East. Get some football games and add some bball games too. We might be joining them some day so we should support them and they should support us. How about a H-H with Louisville in both sports. Maybe the winner will get into the Big12.

Right now we need to build our brand. ESPN is part of that effort. We need as many good games as possible on the network.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

WHAT??? I really doubt the Parker family were either, one, a wealthy black land owning family; or two a slave family to the Parker family who then took their name. This thread needs an asterisk--a warning asterisk of total absurdity.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

dmcougar wrote:WHAT??? I really doubt the Parker family were either, one, a wealthy black land owning family; or two a slave family to the Parker family who then took their name. This thread needs an asterisk--a warning asterisk of total absurdity.
Somebody in another thread about JP mentioned the Poly word - unless my old eyes and caterasterisks betrayed me.

:)

Oh - it was you and you did specify poly mom. But - in certain circumstances certain cultures require the man to take the wife's name - like when the family has no male to carry forward the name - I know - the slave thing would be less of a stretch. Unless dad is part poly. PS - the family I know are very definitely not wealthy - stalwart members of the Church.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

Cougarbib2 wrote:First - is he a descendant of Parker Ranch Parker family from The Big Island. I know a family that has those bloodlines. Tall, Strong, very strong.

Back to OP

Might this be a good time to join the BEAST WEST in football with some basketball favors worked into the deal?

Maybe BYU becomes a basketball first school again like when I was there in the Kresimir Cosic days.

Wow, Bib, you must be old! You remember the Cosic days. So do I. And I know that I'm old. The Smith Fieldhouse would rock in those days. Friday/Saturday night games. Not going home after the games - just spending the night in the West Annex waiting for tickets the next morning. Bernie Fryar wan't that bad either, if my memory serves me.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

So - is there any timeline, or expected time when Jabari is making an announcement about his choice? I haven't read anything yet. Did I miss it?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

November he will make his decision.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

scott715 wrote:November he will make his decision.
A long time for Cougar Nation to hold it's collective breath ........
Well, good luck to Jabari and good luck to us.
8)

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Yahoo just had a story on him where his dad says he screens all of Jabari's calls. Jabari only talks to the coaches he wants to talk to. His dad listed several coaches/schools he's been talking with. Didn't mention BYU.

My only bit of hope I hold onto is that Jabari said in an ESPN interview that Rose one of the 3 coaches he was connecting most with.

Fingers crossed.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Gunk wrote:Yahoo just had a story on him where his dad says he screens all of Jabari's calls. Jabari only talks to the coaches he wants to talk to. His dad listed several coaches/schools he's been talking with. Didn't mention BYU.

My only bit of hope I hold onto is that Jabari said in an ESPN interview that Rose one of the 3 coaches he was connecting most with.

Fingers crossed.
to be clear I think the article also mentioned that Jabari didn't have any of the coaches' numbers except one. one coach has his number.

And the article didn't mention BYU. One coach. not screened by his dad.

could be, could be. could be.