Jimmer's NBA career is over. . .

BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Jimmer's NBA career is over. . .

Post by Gunk »

Schmoe wrote:Jimmer was the high scorer again for the Kings today: 19 pts, 4 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal in 33 mins.

(Also of note: Trent Plaisted netted 6 points, 4 boards, and 1 block in 23 mins for Toronto).
Trent Plaisted is still trying to have an NBA career? :bug:

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Jimmer closes out the Summer League season as the high scorer again: 19 pts (4-7, 2-3 3pt), 2 boards, 5 assists in 31 mins.

Plaisted had 3 points, 5 boards, and 1 assist in 21 mins for Toronto.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

The Celtic just lost a shooting guard in Ray Allen....might they be interested in Jimmer? And the Knicks lost Lin....hmmmm might they be interested?

mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

BoiseBYU wrote:The Celtic just lost a shooting guard in Ray Allen....might they be interested in Jimmer? And the Knicks lost Lin....hmmmm might they be interested?
No. They try and play defense in Boston.

Waipahuboy
Recruit

Post by Waipahuboy »

No way. Absolutely not. Why would Ainge for the Cs (or the Dolan family - Knicks ownership) want an unproven NBA summer leaguer for their respective teams? Fredette a shooter like Ray Allen, or a budding point like J. Lin (I like his upside, esp. now that he's away from NY and Melo)? No...not saying he won't be, but Fredette's got to make better adjustments/shoot better when playing against NBA-level talent.

Yeah, Fredette's defense is a question mark, but who plays D in the league? Steve Nash, D-Rose, the whole Kings roster? I think not.

He'd do well to go a team like the Spurs, where Pop knows how to coach and develop players...look at his bench. And the team, as a whole - quality individuals, playing together. And learning from T. Parker. None of this "I'ma-get-mine" selfishness seen on the Kings. But yes, he needs to get outta Sac-town, and soon. Or else, he'll be playing overseas and labeled a Araujo-type bust.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

Waipahuboy wrote:No way. Absolutely not. Why would Ainge for the Cs (or the Dolan family - Knicks ownership) want an unproven NBA summer leaguer for their respective teams? Fredette a shooter like Ray Allen, or a budding point like J. Lin (I like his upside, esp. now that he's away from NY and Melo)? No...not saying he won't be, but Fredette's got to make better adjustments/shoot better when playing against NBA-level talent.

Yeah, Fredette's defense is a question mark, but who plays D in the league? Steve Nash, D-Rose, the whole Kings roster? I think not.

He'd do well to go a team like the Spurs, where Pop knows how to coach and develop players...look at his bench. And the team, as a whole - quality individuals, playing together. And learning from T. Parker. None of this "I'ma-get-mine" selfishness seen on the Kings. But yes, he needs to get outta Sac-town, and soon. Or else, he'll be playing overseas and labeled a Araujo-type bust.
I agree about the Spurs. If they can take someone like Gary Neal and turn him into a legitimate NBA guard, or DeColo, then think of what they could do with a talent like JImmer.

Sac Town is death for Jimmer, and with all of their recent acquisitions, they have made it clear that they don't want or expect much from Jimmer.

If I were Jimmer I'd see about buying out my contract and I'd get in touch with the Spurs, NY, Boston, the Jazz, Toronto, Dallas, the Suns, Houston... You know - teams that actually know what the pick and roll is.

Smart will not be the coach going into next season. He was a stupid hire. There is too much talent on that team to be one of the worst teams in the NBA.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: