BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Draftexpress review of Davies and his draft prospects

Post by Gunk »

SpiffCoug wrote:
Gunk wrote:Hung 18 point on the Heat the other day. He's getting more minutes and scoring more than Jimmer is.

Go figure...
Quite simple. Davies has gotten regular minutes and opportunity and has taken full advatange of them.

Jimmer minutes very early in career then had a coaching change and the guy behind him was given those minutes and took full advantage of them.

Then everyone has bought the theme that Jimmer can't play lock-down defense on everyone in the NBA so therefore his shot making ability - which could help his teams - is secondary to the fact that Jimmer isn't an all-NBA defender.
No question Jimmer has gotten shafted. Hope he can see some significant minutes while Pelican.

Just think it's ironic that a prospect many thought wasn't good enough to play in the NBA is now starting and getting more minutes than the player everyone expected to shine.

Jimmer going 0 - 6 during his first game as a Pelican didn't help, especially after the great preseason he had.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Draftexpress review of Davies and his draft prospects

Post by Schmoe »

Jimmer had a pretty good preseason and was productive in his games. The fact that he went cold for one night and the coach took him to 3 min and then a DNP is discouraging, especially with how bad the other guards on the team are playing/shooting.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,