#freeJimmer--are the Bulls any better?

BYU Cougars on the court.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

#freeJimmer--are the Bulls any better?

Post by snoscythe »

As far as I can tell, Jimmer is even more invisible now that he's landed in Chicago. Rather than contributing to the team and spreading the floor as many opined he would do, he's languishing at the end of the bench and has seen his minutes cut by nearly 62% since departing Sucktown.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... r-fredette" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is Jimmer better off finishing this season in Chicago if they keep DNP'ing him in 66% of the games (a more frequent rate than Sacramento where he appeared in 70% of games) and if he only gets 4.3 minutes a night those 33% of nights he does play (instead of 11.3 minutes per game in 70% of Sacramento's games)?

My initial thought--if this is all he gets out of Sacramento, he may be playing in a different league next season. Now he may have to explain away two teams burying him on the bench as he goes shopping for a contract next season. It's easy to explain why the Kings don't play you, but it's much more difficult to explain why both the Kings and Bulls failed to get you on the court.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: #freeJimmer--are the Bulls any better?

Post by SpiffCoug »

Sounds like the Bulls are thinking like Sacramento: Jimmer can't play defense so we can't play him.

But the Bull didn't pick him up for his defense. They picked him up for his offense. Specifically for his 3-pt shooting.

So I don't know why you wouldn't utilized him for the reasons you grabbed him.

Jimmer is shooting .494 from three this year and .403 in his career in the NBA.

The Bulls are shooting .347 this year. Jimmer CAN help them make outside shots if they would use him. But teams seem so afraid of him not being a lockdown defender that they can't see how he might help them.

The Bulls may have longer term plans for Jimmer that really didn't include this year. It's got be awful tough to crack a rotation 2/3 of the way into a season on a playoff-bound team that already had a set rotation.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

The summer will tell the tale I guess. If they pick him up again then it's likely just a short term bump in the road for him. If not, he may be done in the NBA. I still think another team would pick him up, but the poor guy just can't get on the floor right now.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

I've been noticing the same and I don't get it. Why take the time to acquire Jimmer and negotiate etc all to sit him at the end of the bench? I thought maybe it is because he doesn't know the schemes on O and D, but to never play? I don't get what the Bulls are up to

Metal Bubba
Sophomore

Post by Metal Bubba »

SpiffCoug wrote:The Bulls may have longer term plans for Jimmer that really didn't include this year. It's got be awful tough to crack a rotation 2/3 of the way into a season on a playoff-bound team that already had a set rotation.
I think this is the reason, because I'm an optimist.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No habla ingles." ~ Jack Handey
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Originally, everyone was saying how smart their coach was. If true then we have to assume that he knows what he is doing. And he has a plan for Jimmer.

IowaCougar
Junior

Post by IowaCougar »

There was a good article that someone posted the other day that indicated that the Bulla were pleased with Jimmer's progress, but it takes a while to learn a new scheme. It was a pretty positive twist on everything,.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Jimmer was brought in as insurance. He likely won't see many minutes.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

IowaCougar wrote:There was a good article that someone posted the other day that indicated that the Bulla were pleased with Jimmer's progress, but it takes a while to learn a new scheme. It was a pretty positive twist on everything,.
I'm still holding out hope that this is the case. Jimmer just got there, so it's going to take some time to learn the schemes, get comfortable playing with the other guys/as a team. Even the most blue-goggled homer knows that Jimmer is still a project who needs work to be a big-time contributor in the league, so hopefully there's something long-term in place for him in Chicago.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

http://www.examiner.com/article/jimmer- ... pn-says-no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;