Carlino to Transfer

BYU Cougars on the court.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Carlino to Transfer

Post by Cougarbib »

Tweets indicate that Carlino has heard from at least 5 schools. Pretty decent ones. Ironically, one was UCLA.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

It's kind of funny that Carlino is such a fan of Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter... guys that played for one team their entire careers!

Maybe he should rethink that..

Hopefully he ends up at Kansas with Jake Heaps; that transfer went really well............ for us.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I'm hearing that UCLA and OK State are in the running.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

scott715 wrote:I'm hearing that UCLA and OK State are in the running.
I heard that plus Memphis, Purdue, and someone else iirc, being the first 5 schools to contact him. That info was a tweet from someone who interviewed MC.

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

craigoscarson wrote:It's kind of funny that Carlino is such a fan of Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter... guys that played for one team their entire careers!

Hopefully he ends up at Kansas with Jake Heaps; that transfer went really well............ for us.
Carlino will have more success than Jake Heaps. That is not saying much, I know.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Cougarbib wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:It's kind of funny that Carlino is such a fan of Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter... guys that played for one team their entire careers!

Carlino will have more success than Jake Heaps. That is not saying much, I know.

Carlino will have a lot of success for sure, he was having a lot of success at BYU. Heaps wasn't successful at BYU, so not surprising that he has been unsuccessful at KU. Carlino will be a guy that we will hear about when he has good games and wish we still had him. We won't hear about those games where he simply does his own thing and single handedly takes his team out of their rhythm.

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

In the end, after it all plays out, I predict that a vast majority of BYU fans will feel that BYU would have been better off had Carlino stayed. Tough to predict whether they will feel that Carlino would have been better off.

Very different than the Jake Heaps story.

I always think it is a mistake to transfer or leave early. Sometimes a huge mistake. History will probably view the Carlino transfer as something between a small mistake and a reasonably good idea.