Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU will be a great team next year

Post by Schmoe »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:Well, when they stop playing teams outside of the top 150 we'll see. So far they aren't faring pretty well against SDSU at half.

We still need a point guard that can break the press and pass the ball. Our uptempo game is non-existent.
Seems like they ended up faring pretty dang well against #15 SDSU on a neutral floor. Loss in 2OT, should have won in OT if the refs figure out what is/isn't travelling or call the Haws takedown.
They did well enough to stay in the game. I don't think that SDSU is the 15th best team in the nation. They might be the 30th at this point, maybe 40th. It is nice to see that we can hang with teams. I don't see SDSU as being better than Gonzaga, and that is the goal, right now.
That's a weird goal; I'd never even think of setting a goal for SDSU to be better than Gonzaga. :P

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:Well, when they stop playing teams outside of the top 150 we'll see. So far they aren't faring pretty well against SDSU at half.

We still need a point guard that can break the press and pass the ball. Our uptempo game is non-existent.
Seems like they ended up faring pretty dang well against #15 SDSU on a neutral floor. Loss in 2OT, should have won in OT if the refs figure out what is/isn't travelling or call the Haws takedown.
They did well enough to stay in the game. I don't think that SDSU is the 15th best team in the nation. They might be the 30th at this point, maybe 40th. It is nice to see that we can hang with teams. I don't see SDSU as being better than Gonzaga, and that is the goal, right now.
That's a weird goal; I'd never even think of setting a goal for SDSU to be better than Gonzaga. :P
Yeah, that came across like a meth addict was saying it.

The idea is to beat Gonzaga. SDSU isn't as good as Gonzaga.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

BlueIsBetter wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
snoscythe wrote:

Yeah, that came across like a meth addict was saying it.

The idea is to beat Gonzaga. SDSU isn't as good as Gonzaga.
#15 SDSU ISN'T AS GOOD AS #10 GONZAGA?

This is a brilliant observation...

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400608515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gonzaga must be really really good

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

craigoscarson wrote:http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400608515

Mixed emotions about this. On the bright side, it showed that BYU can hang with some elite teams. On the dark side, I'm still fuming about that first overtime and how close BYU was to stepping into the spotlight. It's even more painful when it appears BYU would have had an excellent shot against pitt.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

BroncoBot wrote:

Mixed emotions about this. On the bright side, it showed that BYU can hang with some elite teams. On the dark side, I'm still fuming about that first overtime and how close BYU was to stepping into the spotlight. It's even more painful when it appears BYU would have had an excellent shot against pitt.
It was our game to lose last night. Hopefully it gave us some confidence and made us hungry for when we play our next ranked opponent.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Not sure how this was BYUs to win. They trailed the whole game except to tie at the end. But I guess.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Hawaii beat Pittsburgh, are they also really really good? Beating Pitt is a good win, but not that good.

There is still plenty of time in the season for things to go either way. Lack of a point guard and terrible defense is going to bite the cougars. It has once already. :)

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

BlueIsBetter wrote:

Hawaii beat Pittsburgh, are they also really really good? Beating Pitt is a good win, but not that good.

There is still plenty of time in the season for things to go either way. Lack of a point guard and terrible defense is going to bite the cougars. It has once already. :)
Happy Thanksgiving Blue. My Thanksgiving wish for you is that BYU plays a game that you enjoy as much as your pumpkin pie.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Not sure how this was BYUs to win. They trailed the whole game except to tie at the end. But I guess.

Since when does it matter who leads during the game? It all comes down to the final score. Anyone watching this game has to have seen several opportunities where BYU had their chances to win. SDSU is a very good team and will win some big games. Interestingly, they also have no true dominating point guard.