NCAA

BYU Cougars on the court.
craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NCAA

Post by craigoscarson »

I love the tournament and if you played it 100 different times, you'd have 100 different stories and oodles of different winners. Neither UConn nor Kentucky dominated their way to the end.. 1-2 less fouls and Wichita State beats Kentucky in the 2nd round.. I didn't even pick UConn to win their 1st round game.. What if Djieng of Iowa State (I'm sure I misspelled that) didn't get hurt in the previous games.. Uconn had to go through them.

it's beautiful... I love it... I love everything about the NCAA hoops tourney.

I don't care about who the best is, I care about who's left standing... I in the history of the NCAA tourney I don't think 2 teams had to go through so many good teams to get to the final..

and it's not an easy task to get in the dance.. the regular season is useful in many ways....

This year we watched a couple teams grow up in the dance, that doesn't always happen, I really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed that almost nobody would have believed you if you told them how things would play out this year. I love March Madness but there's nothing beautiful about this tournament without the difficulty and grind of the regular season to get you there.

BYU was rewarded this year with a dance ticket because of what they did and who they were willing to play in the regular season.. imagine how awesome college football would be if you were required to schedule strength into your nonconference schedule and that by doing so, it reflected in who the post season was put together... a 16 or 8 team playoff (constructed fairly) would blow away any tourney in this country in my mind. I would be glued to the tv if college football ever did it the right way. Thankfully hoops does

And the end result is not the only memory at the end of the day... are any of going to forget what the womens team did as a 12 seed? How they went toe to toe with the eventual national champs and led them in the 2nd half!! (what!!!) amazing... it was soo fun!

Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: NCAA

Post by Cougarbib »

No matter how you do it - most fans love it while their team is still in it and lose interest after they are no longer in it. Still fun for lovers of the sport to watch great players and teams play even if not their team - but for most fans the interest level drops.

Tournaments give Cinderella a chance to dance.

That part is magical.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.