C'mon Lebron!

BYU Cougars on the court.
Phatgreen
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

C'mon Lebron!

Post by Phatgreen »

Just pick your spot already, so we can see where the rest of FAs will go. And by "the rest" I of course mean the Jimmer.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: C'mon Lebron!

Post by snoscythe »

I think LeBron made a lot of statements today.

His letter via SportsIllustrated was extrememly mature and well-written, and really makes me respect someone I previously thought was too fearful and/or immature to take a tough road to do the right thing.

It's also a big middle finger to ESPN for "The Decision" to address the letter to Sports Illustrated--the elder statesman of sports media as opposed to the self-proclaimed worldwide leader.

Everything about this move oozes class. How far he's come in four short years.

Jimmer to the Cavs?

Phatgreen
Recruit

Post by Phatgreen »

I hated LeBron for "the decision". That totally turned me off to him, but I've been impressed with him since he's won his titles. I love that he wants to fix a "wrong" and feels the pressure to deliver to the people of his home state.

Not saying I'll be a Cavs fan, but I won't be a LeBron hater anymore.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I am simply not buying all the "I love Cleveland crap." he may love Cleveland, but it is a convenient storyline for him to return and be forgiven. A lot of this is a bunchh of hype. I could care less about the city of Miami or Cleveland. But this whole crap fro media guys like Stephen A Smith who is on the same mania train that a lot of the media is, saying how "LeBron suffered in miami and now is returning to home"--give me a fricken break.
So, instead of saying C'mn Lebron, it should be "C'mon people, get real!"

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

Cougs_Rule wrote:I am simply not buying all the "I love Cleveland crap." he may love Cleveland, but it is a convenient storyline for him to return and be forgiven. A lot of this is a bunchh of hype. I could care less about the city of Miami or Cleveland. But this whole crap fro media guys like Stephen A Smith who is on the same mania train that a lot of the media is, saying how "LeBron suffered in miami and now is returning to home"--give me a fricken break.
Suffered???

Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Well, Lebron was right about one thing when he moved to Miami "...not three, not four, not five..."

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

Cougs_Rule wrote:I am simply not buying all the "I love Cleveland crap." he may love Cleveland, but it is a convenient storyline for him to return and be forgiven. A lot of this is a bunchh of hype. I could care less about the city of Miami or Cleveland. But this whole crap fro media guys like Stephen A Smith who is on the same mania train that a lot of the media is, saying how "LeBron suffered in miami and now is returning to home"--give me a fricken break.
I think it is near impossible to explain what this means to the fans here. The fans absolutely invested everything in their hometown hero. And he did everything right. Then "the Decision". It was another kick to the groin along with Thome leaving years earlier, Art Model sneaking the Browns out of town, the Indians trading Kenny Loftin, and so on. They thought it was just a matter of time and Lebron was going to raise up the pride in the area by bringing a championship to Cleveland. So now all that is back and moreso with the pick of Manzel (which I personally will be surprised if he ever becomes a regular starter). But if Cleveland ever needed a boost (at least Ohio has a great governer) now was the time and this was the biggest they could get. It is exciting to see the kids running around excited about watching the Cavs. It is going to be an exciting year.