Sltrib KC Interview

BYU Cougars on the court.
Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Sltrib KC Interview

Post by Qman »

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusp ... t.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Well, I am a little bit older, because of the mission. I plan on having a big year, and if I do, if the opportunities come, I will take them. So, I am not committed to four years. I am not going to say I am going to leave early, but if the opportunity comes, I will take it. .. If there are people predicting me to be a first-round draft pick, then I will go," he said.
Collinsworth knows he has the athleticism needed to play profession al basketball, but his shooting really needs to improve — especially his free-throw shooting. To that end, he said he’s been working with a shot doctor of sorts — Kirk Miles — to improve his percentages from the charity stripe and the field.

"I have spent a ton of time on free-throw shooting," he said. "I have a new routine, and have been working with different people, so I am excited. I have a shooting coach that I am working with right now, Kirk Miles. He gives me a different perspective. He’s been really good."
Sorry to be the one to say so Kyle, but there is very little chance of you being projected a first round pick this year. In fact most experts would put you as undrafted. You have average NBA athletic ability. As a 6'6" guy that is pretty good but you have to learn how to shoot really well.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Sltrib KC Interview

Post by Gunk »

KC has always had a lot of "swagger."

He should pattern his game after Kawhi Leonard, course that's hard to do when you're playing the wrong position. No way he is first round material and I highly doubt he ever will be. Ask yourself who the better player is Kawhi or KC? Kawhi was the 15th pick.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Haters.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

I like the idea of a player saying exactly what he thinks. Hopefully his drive for excellence and fame will be a force for good in his game. He is playing the wrong position, as has been mentioned, and that will hurt his draft stock. Collinsworth isn't Russell Westbrook. He is a potentially better version of Gordon Hayward. He works best when the ball is in his hands at the wings, not the top of the key.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Qman
All-American

Post by Qman »

BlueIsBetter wrote:I like the idea of a player saying exactly what he thinks. Hopefully his drive for excellence and fame will be a force for good in his game. He is playing the wrong position, as has been mentioned, and that will hurt his draft stock. Collinsworth isn't Russell Westbrook. He is a potentially better version of Gordon Hayward. He works best when the ball is in his hands at the wings, not the top of the key.
I hope KC makes it. Hayward is a better athlete and bigger. Hayward's jumper is better.

KC seems more like a less athletic Evan Turner to me.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

Qman wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:I like the idea of a player saying exactly what he thinks. Hopefully his drive for excellence and fame will be a force for good in his game. He is playing the wrong position, as has been mentioned, and that will hurt his draft stock. Collinsworth isn't Russell Westbrook. He is a potentially better version of Gordon Hayward. He works best when the ball is in his hands at the wings, not the top of the key.
I hope KC makes it. Hayward is a better athlete and bigger. Hayward's jumper is better.

KC seems more like a less athletic Evan Turner to me.
I would say that his offense has better upside than Hayward, provided he gets a jumper.

He has a pretty smooth crossover and a good first step. He is elite as a slasher and finisher. Everything else about his game is not elite, yet.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: