Nick Emery is BACK!!!!

BYU Cougars on the court.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Nick Emery is BACK!!!!

Post by BYULV »

hawkwing wrote:Wrubell says that Emery will likely not even enroll at BYU this year.
I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to enroll and get some classes out of the way. Either lightens his load for during the seasons when he does play or gets him to graduation a year earlier and he can start graduate work on the athletic dept tab.

imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

BYULV wrote:
hawkwing wrote:Wrubell says that Emery will likely not even enroll at BYU this year.
I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to enroll and get some classes out of the way. Either lightens his load for during the seasons when he does play or gets him to graduation a year earlier and he can start graduate work on the athletic dept tab.
I would think even taking some classes from a CC would help get some GE (eng and math) out of the way. It would be especially helpful his frosh year to get used to D-1 athletics and college classes. And GE classes are the easiest to transfer.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

BYULV wrote:
To keep his clock from starting?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote:
He may not feel up to it. Don't know how serious his condition is, but if it's serious enough to keep him from missionary work he may not be in condition to be a full-time student.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote:
Maybe 1. Because he doesn't feel right about jumping straight into school after leaving his mission early? 2. They don't have a scholarship for him 3. If they start his clock early, he won't get to play as much with the rest of his Lone Peak gang 4. This TOS might really be affecting him adversely (though I would imagine that rest and some prednisone will resolve this prior to next year)

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

craigoscarson wrote:
Mars wrote:
BYULV wrote:
Maybe 1. Because he doesn't feel right about jumping straight into school after leaving his mission early? 2. They don't have a scholarship for him 3. If they start his clock early, he won't get to play as much with the rest of his Lone Peak gang 4. This TOS might really be affecting him adversely (though I would imagine that rest and some prednisone will resolve this prior to next year)
If he pays his own way, his clock wouldn't start, right? Whatever he does, as long as it gets his shoulder better.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

No, it will start the clock. But he can redshirt this year.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

scott715 wrote:No, it will start the clock. But he can redshirt this year.
I think it would only start if he attended full time, part time he should be ok?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

greyshirt but not sure of the definition.