WAY Too Early Bracketology--BYU =12 Seed

BYU Cougars on the court.
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: WAY Too Early Bracketology--BYU =12 Seed

Post by ABYUFAN »

Call me optomistic about this team too. I see Fischer as an upgrade to Carlino, and our front court starting quality of Mika (although he was effective off the bench, he played starter's minutes) to be lower, I see our depth to be greatly improvded.

Granted I see the Zags as improved also, but I see us as a tourney quality team (although I'm almost willing to concede the WCC championship)

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I happen to agree with Gunk and ABYUFAN (somehow). I'm wary of these team, I'm concerned about not having a PG and not having a post player. That being said, I don't think we will get an improved PG experience by the end of the season over having Carlino.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10 seed against CSU. GU a 2 and SMC a 12.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I like that we're winning big without having a big. I'm actually kinda nervous that Austin's return might throw off chemistry a little, but in the long run I'll be happy he's back. He's no all-star, but he's a hustler and more of an offensive threat that any other big we have available.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Schmoe wrote:I like that we're winning big without having a big. I'm actually kinda nervous that Austin's return might throw off chemistry a little, but in the long run I'll be happy he's back. He's no all-star, but he's a hustler and more of an offensive threat that any other big we have available.
Actually he's a better passer and team defender than Corbin or Luke. Not sure there's much chemistry to break up.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Cougs_Rule wrote:
Schmoe wrote:I like that we're winning big without having a big. I'm actually kinda nervous that Austin's return might throw off chemistry a little, but in the long run I'll be happy he's back. He's no all-star, but he's a hustler and more of an offensive threat that any other big we have available.
Actually he's a better passer and team defender than Corbin or Luke. Not sure there's much chemistry to break up.
I hope not. And yes, he's easily our most complete big man and better than our other bigs at just about everything; I just meant that we basically haven't had an interior offensive threat since he went down, and while he's not likely to do a ton of damage or draw a double-team, at least he seems competent playing on the offensive end and can play with his back to the basket.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,