WAY Too Early Bracketology--BYU =12 Seed

BYU Cougars on the court.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

WAY Too Early Bracketology--BYU =12 Seed

Post by snoscythe »

Joe Lunardi has BYU as a play-in #12 seed (playing co-12 seed ND for the chance to play #5 seeded Ohio St. in Louisville.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Way too early, yes. But fun to see BYU in the mix already.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: WAY Too Early Bracketology--BYU =12 Seed

Post by SpiffCoug »

The way I figure, BYU will always be a 12 seed, unless they are having a truly special, Jimmer type of season.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

I will gladly take a 12 seed.

Some other insanely early bracket has us as an 11th.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

BYU got some good non conf match that could really pay off come march. Winning the Maui would be nice. Utes at 5 seed seem awfully high, we shall see.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

I wonder if a lot of Cougar fans are uncertain if not wary of this team. Certainly I don't see any hype notwithstanding one honerabke mention all American and one
PlAyer who may be even more valuable to this team in KC. If fisher is consistent and we don't have to rely on post scoring (isn't that a classic Rose team) it could allow the very active but unrefined Kaufusi to really add to the mix. (I know that was kind of a random stretch point). But if BYn is stuck starting Sharp at the four--BBYU is in trouble. Nixon is an intriguing, and quite frankly surprising early show up. His stretch four and hustle on D, if it translates to better competition, could be a huge pickup given Aytes outs.
At any rate, looks like several prognosticators have more confidence in this team than many of us.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I'll be happy this season if we simply make the big dance.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

What? We have something to play for.

BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

Senior lead team I like are chances...

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Cougs_Rule wrote:I wonder if a lot of Cougar fans are uncertain if not wary of this team. Certainly I don't see any hype notwithstanding one honerabke mention all American and one
PlAyer who may be even more valuable to this team in KC. If fisher is consistent and we don't have to rely on post scoring (isn't that a classic Rose team) it could allow the very active but unrefined Kaufusi to really add to the mix. (I know that was kind of a random stretch point). But if BYn is stuck starting Sharp at the four--BBYU is in trouble. Nixon is an intriguing, and quite frankly surprising early show up. His stretch four and hustle on D, if it translates to better competition, could be a huge pickup given Aytes outs.
At any rate, looks like several prognosticators have more confidence in this team than many of us.
I'm wary of this team.

No PG. No post player. I'm not a fan of stretch 4s. That's basically a big man that doesn't play like a big man; a big man that aspires to be a guard. We have plenty of shooters.

I want to be optimistic. I really do, especially with Haws on the team. But Haws, more than any other player, really benefited from Carlino and a PG that could feed him the ball. We don't have that player. I go back and forth on Haws. Sometimes I think he'll do better this year. Other days I'm sure we'll see a drop in his production.

KC will be limited the first half of the season. KC wasn't nearly as good at getting Haws the ball as Carlino was. Carlino also had the ball handling skills that required defenses attention. We don't have that this year. Teams will be able to play a lot of zone against us. They'll force us to beat them inside and I have doubts about our ability to do that.

The one hope I have is our defense. I liked what I saw from our defense so far this season. If we can pressure, get after it, and push the ball we have a shot of running people out of the gym.

Once again, though, we'll have no half court set. Any team that slows us down to a half court set will wreak havoc on us.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Wolverine
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Wolverine »

I am placing myself in the "I am optimistic about this team and they will be in the Field of 68 come March" camp. I like what I have seen in the two scrimmages thus far. This team will be better defensively and I think the overall chemistry of the team will be better as well. I personally think Mika's absence will be felt greater than Carlino's, and I was a huge fan of Matt. Wish he would have stuck it out, but wish him nothing but the best at Marquette. I like how BYU's major OOC games are all at home aside from the Maui invite and USU. I hope I still find myself as optimistic come mid-January :)