Southern Virginia Ratings

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Southern Virginia Ratings

Post by byufan4ever »

I posted this in the URLR thread, but I'll show again the average BYU PER for the past 10 seasons:
BYU PER 10 Year Ave.PNG
BYU PER 10 Year Ave.PNG (12.32 KiB) Viewed 404 times
I found it interesting that last season was our best overall as a team. 2004-2005 was obviously a very rough season and although 2005-2006 was a 20 win season we didn't really have a "go-to" player.

I didn't watch the Southern Virginia game, but here's how our boys performed:
SVU PER.PNG
Jake Toolson gets our first "awesome" game of the season! Very efficient shooting to go along with 7 boards, 4 assists, and 4 steals. I like it even if it was against a garbage opponent. Haws didn't shoot well. And what happened to Halford that he only played 2 minutes? Also nice to see Bartley get 7 assists.

After three games here's how the players have performed so far:
BYU PER 2014-11-21.PNG
I think we really need Haws to get a killer instinct and for a big man to step up. I'm not sure that this big man by committee thing is going to work, but I don't know what other options we have.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Southern Virginia Ratings

Post by Gunk »

Halford took a fall in the first two minutes of the game. Fell on his hip and was pulled for the rest of the game.

Haws did not shoot well. SVU really got to him. He gets grumpy when he misses shots and SVU was pretty scrappy, swiping all the time at the ball, which I think frustrated Haws even more. I think he's putting too much pressure on himself.

Yes, he needs a big but the bigs weren't the problem against SVU. The bigs have actually been doing better than expected.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Halford got a hip flexor injury at the start of the game. Fischer bumped his knee early on too.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I dont' think Fischer "bumped" his knee. It looked like someone rolled into his knee with his foot planted and he HYPEREXTENDED his knee a bit.