SDSU

BYU Cougars on the court.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: SDSU

Post by Brayden Green »

I wonder how many assists we have on what number of baskets? It can't be good.

Too bad. Need to find a point guard Rose. Any chance that Calvert can come home a year early?

HINT: It's not WInder, Fischer, or KC. It might be Halford, but he wasn't great at protecting the ball, if I remember right. He might not be worse than those 3 though...

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

BroncoBot wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:Good try BYU. Maybe next time.
Nope. Not yet.
If you let a team back in the game like that overtime, yur don fer. stick a fork in it.
Minute into the 2OT I knew we were done. Sloppy play.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

SDSU shot 44% from from the arc tonight. Before tonight their FG% was 35%.

Seriously, Rose, where's the perimeter defense?

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

BlueIsBetter wrote:I wonder how many assists we have on what number of baskets? It can't be good.

Too bad. Need to find a point guard Rose. Any chance that Calvert can come home a year early?

HINT: It's not WInder, Fischer, or KC. It might be Halford, but he wasn't great at protecting the ball, if I remember right. He might not be worse than those 3 though...
No PG will kill us this season, especially once we hit the guard-heavy WCC.

A PG with some handles capable of making assists would have been the nail in the coffin for SDSU today. Haws is going to have "down" year this year because there is no one to feed him the ball.

Stirfry
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Stirfry »

Should have had 2 shots instead of 1 in the last minute of regulation. That's on Rose.

Couldn't get the ball down the court in OT, get a blocked three and then the shooter gets the ball back and does a step, step, step back with a moving wall in front of him, and then Haws gets arm barred in the corner. Gotta win when you're up 6 with only a couple minutes left in OT. I don't know who that's on.

Finally figured out how to get the Rich Rod quote off my signature that randomly showed up! Sorry if you thought I stole it from you……..whoever it was that used to have it
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Schmoe wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:It'd be nice to have someone that could break a press right now... Too bad he got chased off to Marquette.
It would be nice if ANYONE could hold onto the ball. How did they get that ball back for the 3?
He legitimately grabbed the ball away, then traveled away behind a moving screen with outstretched arms.
Props to twerp SDSU player for the steal, the travel, getting away with the travel, and for hitting the biggest shot of the night.

My problems with that scenario are as follows
1. How do you let that guy get so open right after he took the ball away? He had about 17 seconds to line that shot up, as he did all night (same guy made 6 3s tonight). First thing I was taught when playing basketball was "don't leave the guy with the ball open".
2. How do you let him take that ball away! What the crap?

Fischer, I think he's a good player. But he's weak sauce when it comes to contact. It's almost like he's looking for the foul instead of playing through it. Both of his turnovers at the end of that half were totally avoidable (pass the ball on the full court press, you've got 3 guys surrounding you, that leaves at least 2 BYU players open somewhere). But the most egregious mistake was not covering that guy on the 3. Get in that guys face and make him drive and hit a easy layup if needed, foul him and make him hit free throws. Letting him get that 3 off so easily was just terrible defense.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

Very entertaining game. Team definitely had their chances. This is what? Game 4? Get 2 wins out of this tournament and head home calling it a success. A long season to go yet. Go Cougars!

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Gunk wrote:SDSU shot 44% from from the arc tonight. Before tonight their FG% was 35%.

Seriously, Rose, where's the perimeter defense?
Has this EVER been addressed in any way, shape or form??? Emery was the last guy who prided himself in perimeter defense.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Wolverine wrote:Very entertaining game. Team definitely had their chances. This is what? Game 4? Get 2 wins out of this tournament and head home calling it a success. A long season to go yet. Go Cougars!
I'm sorry, but that was a huge opportunity to take down a top 15 team and get some much needed respect going into WCC play. I'm not feeling the optimism right now.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

The point guard play tonight, especially of Collinsworth was superb. KC had zero tos. What did us in was NOT PG play but giving up too many offensive board and not making enough FTs. And one very bad no call at the end of the first OT

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image