Chaminade

BYU Cougars on the court.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Chaminade

Post by scott715 »

Next up is Purdue tomorrow 3pm MST I believe.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

BroncoBot wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
scott715 wrote:Chase has 9 3's and has tied Jimmer for most 3's in a game.
Fischer > Carlino... let the debate end ..

he also has 2 assists, 1 steal and NO TURNOVERS
Chase = Matt. Both have cost BYU games in crunch time. ;)

This year matt = 5.0 assists/game and 1.3 TO/game
This year chase = 2.8 assists/game and 2.3 TO/game

But, this debate needs to die. Carlino left, Fischer is here. Therefore I'm a fan of Fischer. (but I still think BYU would have benefited from Carlino playing another year here)
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... tt-carlino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... se-fischer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nevermind the scoring right?

Chase = 14.5 ppg shooting .400 from 3... shot .422 at wake... currently .442 from the field (carlino .320)
Matt = 8.5 ppg... and yesterday went 0-5 from the field, averaging 3.5 fouls per game as a pg

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Shoulda had Fischer bomb threes for the rest of the game, just run up an insane school (maybe national?) record.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

craigoscarson wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
scott715 wrote:Chase has 9 3's and has tied Jimmer for most 3's in a game.
Fischer > Carlino... let the debate end ..

he also has 2 assists, 1 steal and NO TURNOVERS
Chase = Matt. Both have cost BYU games in crunch time. ;)

This year matt = 5.0 assists/game and 1.3 TO/game
This year chase = 2.8 assists/game and 2.3 TO/game

But, this debate needs to die. Carlino left, Fischer is here. Therefore I'm a fan of Fischer. (but I still think BYU would have benefited from Carlino playing another year here)
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... tt-carlino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... se-fischer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nevermind the scoring right?

Chase = 14.5 ppg shooting .400 from 3... shot .422 at wake... currently .442 from the field (carlino .320)
Matt = 8.5 ppg... and yesterday went 0-5 from the field, averaging 3.5 fouls per game as a pg
I suppose, you could look at that as well. :whistle:

Like I said earlier. I really like Fischer, he's a great fit at BYU. It's just a wash to me (so far) regarding these two. I'd also factor in that Carlino was also one of the better defenders BYU had last year, which created more fast break points than Chase is currently providing.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Carlino is a 1. Fischer is a 2. It's apples and oranges. It's like comparing Stockton to MJ.

Fischer is a great shooter. Super glad we have him because we haven't had a shooting guard in a long time. But he's not an off the dribble, create-your-own shot guy.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Gunk wrote:Carlino is a 1. Fischer is a 2. It's apples and oranges. It's like comparing Stockton to MJ.

Fischer is a great shooter. Super glad we have him because we haven't had a shooting guard in a long time. But he's not an off the dribble, create-your-own shot guy.

He's still a guard... and apples and oranges are both fruit

No, he's a wait for your shot to come to you when it's open and shoot a high percentage guy and the record holder for most 3 pointers in a game in BYU history...

I don't miss the manic production of Matt Carlino... not one bit

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I think you meant to say "the manic-depressive production of Matt Carlino"

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

craigoscarson wrote:
Gunk wrote:Carlino is a 1. Fischer is a 2. It's apples and oranges. It's like comparing Stockton to MJ.

He's still a guard... and apples and oranges are both fruit

No, he's a wait for your shot to come to you when it's open and shoot a high percentage guy and the record holder for most 3 pointers in a game in BYU history...

I don't miss the manic production of Matt Carlino... not one bit
You're right, Fischer is a wait for your shot to come to you, which predominantly requires someone else to pass him the ball, someone say...like...a PG.

I don't understand why anyone would be glad or happy to have Carlino gone. Here are some records of Carlino:

Individual Career Records
#1 in assists/game - KC doesn't even make the top 20; he has a chance. Fischer will never sniff the list.
#3 in steals/game - KC will never make the top 20. Highly doubtful Fischer gets anywhere near it.
#16 in all-time steals (only 3 seasons) - KC won't ever make the top 20. Fischer will never appear on the list.

Single Season Records
#2 in games played in single season (tied with a bunch of players) - KC already missed a game this season so might make the list next year. Fischer could make this list depending on how far BYU goes in the post season and Fischer's ability to stay healthy.
#3 in assists (171 assists) - KC doesn't make the top 20; if he gets 128 assists he'll crack the list. No chance Fischer gets anywhere near making this list.
#4 in steals in a single season - KC doesn't make the top 20. Doubt he ever will. Fischer is currently averaging 0.8 steals/game. He doesn't make the list either.
#7 in steals/game - KC won't make this list and neither will Fischer.
#7 in consecutive games with a 3 pointer - KC won't make this list. Fischer could.
#10 in 3 point attempts - KC won't make this list. Fischer likely will.
#11 in assists/game with 4.8 - KC still doesn't make this list. He'll have to average 4.2 a game to crack it. Good chance he'll make the list this year as he's at 4.8 so far on the season. Fischer won't ever make this list.
#14 in assists/game with 4.6 - see above
#20 in steals/game - see above

Craig, for someone that continually preaches the value of players' ability to fill out a stat sheet you've seemed to have completely ignored most of Carlino's. Carlino is a "poor" shooter despite averaging nearly 14 ppg last season, a great facilitator and great defender. Fischer is a great shooter, poor facilitator and poor defender.
Last edited by Gunk on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

snoscythe wrote:I think you meant to say "the manic-depressive production of Matt Carlino"
Want to talk about manic, Fischer went 4 - 14 against SDSU, 10 - 14 against Chaminade, and 2 - 11 against Purdue.