Collinsworth's trinity

BYU Cougars on the court.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Collinsworth's trinity

Post by nuk13 »

This only the 5th time in BYU basketball history that this has happened! The last guy to do it was M. Smith in 1988. I'd like to know how many other ncaa players have accomplished a triple double this year.

The team seems to be improving with each game. Hawaii was 7-2 coming in to the game and we beat them 90 to 70. I am a little concerned that the bigs are not getting more points. Maybe the answer is to play Collinsworth there. He plays everything else. I think center is the only place he hasn't played.

beauso79
All-American

Re: Collinsworth's trinity

Post by beauso79 »

Actually one of the players on Hawaii, can't remember the name, was one of 2 players I believe that had a triple-double going into last night.

I think KC has basically been rotated between the 1 and 4 spots on the Floor. My favorite team Rose has put out there:

1 - Winder
2 - Fischer
3 - Haws
4 - KC
5 - Kaufusi

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

beauso79 wrote:Actually one of the players on Hawaii, can't remember the name, was one of 2 players I believe that had a triple-double going into last night.

I think KC has basically been rotated between the 1 and 4 spots on the Floor. My favorite team Rose has put out there:

1 - Winder
2 - Fischer
3 - Haws
4 - KC
5 - Kaufusi

You are right. R. Bobbit the 6'3" guard has one. Also 6'8" C. Horton of Austin Peay has one. I don''t think this will be Collinsworth's last one.

I like your line up but I'd still have Austin at center.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Boy he sure sucks at point. :roll:
I also like the four guard lineup w Kaufusi--at least for Hawaii and as long as Nate's back continues to give him troubles. We will need Kaufusi's athleticism to contain Utahs bigs.
Kaufusi was the only big athletic enough to cover the paint vs Hawaii. He does look green at times, but once he figures things out, he will be a great unplanned pickup. By the time Mika comes back, the two could be a very viable if not lethal post presence.

But as for Collinsworth, yes, he triple was a very strong statement. If Haws and KC stay healthy, BYU will go dancing. And with winder and fisher and occassionally Halford filling in their gaps, we may not need (not that we have) post points.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

Cougs_Rule wrote:Boy he sure sucks at point. :roll:
Oh, that's right, you have to be a point guard to get a triple double.

Thanks for the reminder.
:roll: