Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Dave Rose Gaffe!

Post by Cougs_Rule »

hawkwing wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Wolverine wrote:"We need better balance," Rose acknowledged. "That’s a big part of the growth of this team, is to get our front line to catch up to where we are."

When you take the whole quote in the context it is given, it sheds an entirely different light on what the OP posted. Nothing to see here.
Totally agree. OP is wrong in its presentation and suggestion.
I do agree with the OP in the fact that if Bronco had said that about a position group on his team he would have been roasted alive.
yep. its what happens after years of throwing fans under the bus. Difference is, Dave Rose actually likes (or at least tolerates much better) the fans. Plus the scrutiny and margin for error is more pervasive for football.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

I don't get why none of our bigs have any low post moves. I thought Pope was supposed to be a big man guru that was going to turn BYU's front line around.

Do our bigs even practice low post moves?

Basic things like pump fakes, not bringing the ball below your waste and bumping defenders off with your butt before going up just aren't there. That's bball 101 stuff.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Austin would have helped last night no doubt. Not because of scoring, but because of rebounding.

BYU made more shots, including 3 pt shots, than Utah did. This game was lost on rebounds, and FT's. A lot of the fouls came on rebound attempts or after giving up Oreb's.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Cougs_Rule wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
Wolverine wrote:"We need better balance," Rose acknowledged. "That’s a big part of the growth of this team, is to get our front line to catch up to where we are."

When you take the whole quote in the context it is given, it sheds an entirely different light on what the OP posted. Nothing to see here.
I do agree with the OP in the fact that if Bronco had said that about a position group on his team he would have been roasted alive.
yep. its what happens after years of throwing fans under the bus. Difference is, Dave Rose actually likes (or at least tolerates much better) the fans. Plus the scrutiny and margin for error is more pervasive for football.
that Dang bronco. who hasn't he thrown under the bus? :roll:

I think football fans need to grow a pair. I have absolutely no problem with rose's comments or mendenhalls comments. our bigs suck, and football defense was awful for those 4 losses.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

please expound brother. did everyone take broncos comments in context? are you taking my comments in context?

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Cougs_Rule wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

You don't think bronco would tell fans that if it weren't for some of the whiny, complaining fans and power grabbing donors, and may as well throw in the media, that if they weren't around he wouldn't enjoy his job more? If it's not their "level of education" it's their not "showing up" or some of his retributive comments of "if you think you can do better..." Stuff that has been a part of the chip he has had on his shoulder up till about a year ago when he set out to improve his image. That chip absolutely suggests that he sees some fans as disloyal and horribly annoying and would just as soon not have to deal with them (which I partly understand) but he acts like its their fault and he shouldn't have to put up with it. If his comments don't suggest blame and pointing out why his life sucks sometimes, and why someone else is to blame, then sure throwing fans under the bus means something else.
I agree that some fans need to suck it up and so does Bronco. If he thinks being a college coach should be free from criticism--especially at the Lord's university, then he missed out on some critical pieces of info.
The whole point of this was to suggest that Hawkwings point of "poor ole Bronco" is kind of pathetic. bronco has brought it on himself. While Rose just doesn't engage in it or respond to it and as a result it doesn't follow him around. I am glad Bronco is sticking around and I don't just think bc there is probably no one better out there. He's a great guy. But he wore his feelings on his sleeve and criticized the fans and there is a price to pay for that.

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

The lack of post moves by our bigs is surprising, since it's not that difficult to learn some of the basics that they can't seem to get. Kaufusi I'll give a pass to since he is fresh of a mission and being reintroduced to BBall. Worthington and Neilson really should be able to make layups. Just when I think I can't be surprised by these guys, they miss an open layup by completely missing the basket. You're 7' tall, the hoop is right there. It makes no sense.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

BroncoBot wrote:

please expound brother. did everyone take broncos comments in context? are you taking my comments in context?
Pretty simple, you posted a third of the entire quote. Post his entire quote if you want anyone to understand the context of the quote.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

It's got to be true.
Attachments
578085_10150928566658324_1462084591_n.jpg